Principal Product Marketing Manager 🔥
Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Ethnic Minority, and the Previously Incarcerated. If you identify with any of the following communities do not hesitate to register, even if you feel that this particular opportunity is not the right fit for you.
Company Name: TurnItIn
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
The Product Marketing team at Turnitin is curious, customer-centric, data-driven, and collaborative. We’re responsible for the global go-to-market strategy for Turnitin’s portfolio of academic integrity and assessment solutions. The team collaborates cross-functionally with the product management, marketing, global sales, and customer engagement teams to develop positioning and messaging, content assets, and sales enablement in support of product revenue and user engagement goals.
This is a new, exciting opportunity to contribute to strategy and drive execution of customer retention programs, securing recurring revenue and driving growth within our large install base. Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Marketing, you’ll develop strategies to help customers adopt and expand use of our education products across their institution. In partnership with customer engagement teams, you’ll also create scalable plans for migrating customers to best-fit Turnitin solutions and enable them to adopt these solutions successfully for continued revenue streams. You’ll exercise your creative side, working with passionate educators to capture and amplify their stories to fuel demand. In summary, you’ll support customer programs that significantly contribute to the company’s bottom-line and keep users satisfied with key solutions we’re investing in. If you thrive in an environment where you can drive change, create new processes, and impact the customer experience, this opportunity is for you.
This is a remote position. Due to interfaces with teammates working on similar initiatives, preferred time zones are EMEA, US ET or CT.
Every day, you’ll get to:
Champion product adoption and ongoing use:
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to provide digital strategies and tools for effective onboarding, adoption, and ongoing use, so customers can get the most out of their investment across all of the personas using our products.
- Establish a Product Advisory Council to discuss key teaching and learning trends in the industry, and collaborate with the Turnitin product team on solutions and best practices.
- Contribute to strategies for informing users of new features and workflows in our products.
- Occasionally survey customers on their usage, challenges, and high priority needs.
Migrate customers to high-investment products:
- Work with leadership to segment, create and prioritize product migration initiatives. These complex initiatives are a key component of company acquisition strategies and portfolio simplification goals.
- Collaborate on the customer journey for migrations from raising awareness of compelling events and sunsetting policies to new product onboarding.
- Establish messaging for campaigns and stand up a self-service, digital migration hub for target customers and work cross-functionally to populate it with essential content.
- In collaboration with the Customer Engagement team, design scalable processes to compel and successfully enable customers to move to destination products that Turnitin is significantly investing in.
- Educate and inform the global Turnitin Sales & Marketing teams on selling policies, migration paths, and communication to customers.
- Work with Customer Success Managers responsible for retention and growth of their book of business, providing up-to-date tools, roadmaps, and resources to support key product upsell and retention plays, in collaboration with other Product Marketers.
- Work with Renewal Specialists to provide tools and campaigns that communicate product value and deliver key roadmap messages.
Leverage customer advocates:
- Source and create customer case studies on product upsell, cross-sell and migration successes.
- Work with regional GTM teams to identify customer stories with global appeal that support key sales plays, and work with Creative to produce these stories in a variety of media formats including video.
The successful candidate will:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (required); Master's degree in education, education technology, business, or another relevant discipline (preferred)
- Have 10+ years of marketing experience, including product and customer marketing experience, ideally in an edtech context
- Have basic knowledge of higher education learning management systems (LMS) and integration standards
- Have executed product or platform migration programs, scalable product adoption practices, and product upsell/cross-sell programs
- Be strategic, highly organized and self-motivated
- Have expert ability to work collaboratively and serve as the intersection between cross-functional departments
- Have experience managing or mentoring less senior product marketers on the team
- Have proof points of operating to these values: strategic thinking, change leadership, customer centricity, and passion for learning
- Have experience working with educators globally, including an understanding of how to work effectively within the confines of various academic calendars
International and domestic travel is estimated at 1 week per quarter to collaborate with global teams and represent Turnitin at conferences and events. Approximately 2-3 meetings per week may be required during early mornings or evenings to accommodate colleagues in different global time zones (Americas, Europe, and Asia.)Additional Information
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Remote First Culture
Health Care Coverage*
Competitive Paid Time Off
4 Self-Care Days per year
2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
Paid Volunteer Time*
Charitable contribution match*
Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
- varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or s