Integrated Media Planner/buyer
Media Works LTD, a highly respected, fast paced, energetic integrated media agency located in Baltimore, MD is looking for a Content Writer to join our team. Our agency thrives off collaboration, communication, and culture. We are dedicated to giving back to our community through Acts of Kindness, building a connected team with social gatherings, and promoting development and growth through educational training and personal enrichment.
Media Works believes that diversity of skill and background contributes to a strong culture. The agency prides itself on a transparency with clients and its own employees. To protect and enrich culture, Media Works develops employee events and functions of all types, from impromptu agency luncheons to cooking contests or team outings. The agency maintains a commitment to community service, offering several opportunities for employees to get involved, and reserves one work day for community service.
Media Works is looking for a motivated Media Planner/Buyer with 2-5 years’ experience. We are highly respected, fast paced, energetic integrated marketing agency located in Baltimore, MD. The agency has been in the business for over 30 years, serving a diverse client list.
The Integrated Media Buyer/Planner position at Media Works offers a unique opportunity to plan and buy media while learning valuable experience in Account Management. This role is responsible for the strategy research, planning, negotiation, purchase, and placement of all media for existing clients and new business. The position straddles traditional and digital/social planning and buying capabilities. In our highly collaborative environment, this role is also responsible for training and advising media coordinators and working with client teams. This is a full time opportunity based out of Baltimore, but would be able to work remotely.
Position Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Act as liaison between media vendors, the client, and the agency
- Meet with traditional and digital media representatives to request and analyze proposals and packages
- Keep a strong pulse on new and emerging media changes and provide fresh ideas to grow client business
- Gather, organize, and present competitive industry research and prepare market analysis
- Work with Account Managers and Senior Buyers to determine the best use of multi-platform media mix including traditional, digital, and social outlets to best meet client goals and objectives
- Participate in client meetings for media plan presentation and strategizing sessions
- Maintain positive relationships with our clients
- Basic knowledge and understanding of TV, Print, Radio, OTT, Digital, Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn)
- Strategically build audiences in social platforms
- Understand rating estimates (TV & Radio) as well as digital performance metrics/ KPI measurements
- Avails media and negotiates best rates, CPM’s, CPP’s, special time parameters, value-added sponsorships, and promotions, bonus impressions, e-newsletters, etc.
- Build Radio and TV schedules, compile digital media into digital planning document
- Create insertion orders and book media
- Media execution project management, including asset tracking/trafficking, process control/adherence, and QC monitoring
- Process changes on media buys and confirmation paperwork
- Analyze post buys and work with stations to make up under delivery weight or impressions
- Pace digital media
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop monthly performance reports, make ongoing performance optimization, strategy improvement, and best practice recommendations
- Resolve billing discrepancies
- Support a learning culture by training media coordinators and interns at the agency
- Interest, passion and excitement for the media industry, that fosters new ideas and media strategy.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Proficient with reporting and analytics tools
- Public speaking and presentation experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task/time management skills
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal with all levels in an organization
Employees are offered a competitive benefits package including a fully paid health insurance premium.
Media Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com