Technical Writer Iii
Technical Writer - Honolulu, Hawaii C4ISR
Looking for a Technical Writer opportunity at a place you can make a difference every day? Discover this great opportunity in our Honolulu, Hawaii location. Bring your expertise and collaborative skills to make an impact towards our military defense and safety by discovering your new role supporting this critical mission.
This position will support the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific, Indo-Pacific Department (Indo-Pac) that has been tasked with providing C4I Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) engineering and integration services in support of Marine Corps Installations Command (MCICOM) Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) Military Construction (MILCON) Program on Guam.
In support of this effort the Technical Writer will provide technical writing support to edit, proof, and distribute program and project documentation.
In this role, you will:
- Provide program plans, status reports, and technical documentation, as required, in Adobe’s portable document format and in accordance with the program data management plan.
- Attend peer review meetings, collect input from participants, and incorporate the changes to program documents such as design documentation, white papers, engineering analysis, technical research papers, and performance charts.
- Perform peer reviews in accordance with GCM QA Management Plan that produces documentation that is consistent in format, organization, and content, and comply with SIPH and program plans.
- Interface with NAVWAR Code 4.1.2 to obtain and adjudicate its comments,
- Coordinate with GCM project teams to manage and resolve comments to the point of resolution and update the resultant documents with approved changes.
- Prepare layout and draft artwork for illustrations, charts, figures, and other mediums.
- Organize and maintain existing documents, processes, workflows, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to meet the GCM Program, project requirements, and process improvement initiatives.
- Conduct annual review of Program plans, processes, and other related materials.
- Ensure work products and deliverables are managed in accordance with the Program plans and SOPs.
- Assist in the creation of templates supporting consistency across work products and deliverables.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- US Citizenship
- A current Secret DoD Security Clearance
- High School Diploma or GED and 1 year of experience.
- Proficiency with recording changes to C4ISR technical manuals, instructions, and other documents.
- Proficiency with collating material provided by the C4ISR Technical Team according to a defined order.
- Experience with supporting the development, editing, proofreading, organizing and review of planning and design documents such as System Operational Verification Tests (SOVT), Transition and Cutover Plans, Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSP), and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) plans in accordance with the Shore Installation Process Handbook (SIPH).
- Experience with compiling and consolidating complex technical information and inputs to produce engineering design documents and briefings.
- Experience with generating and adding titles, labels, tags, nameplates, and heading to documents, and providing indexes and tables of contents.
- Experience in writing abstracts of documents to provide background for task analysis.
- Experience with submitting inputs to the Engineering and Technical Services Accomplishment report.
- One (1) year of experience with DoD design or installation project related to the Job description listed above.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, is preferred
- Able to travel 25% of the time
- May Consider Part Time Teleworking for this position per customer approval
- Currently residing in Guam or Hawaii, is preferred.
**Serco Inc. is using this posting to identify qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process. **
If you are interested in supporting and working with our military and a passionate Serco team, then submit your application today!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged to apply!
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email Agencies@serco-na.com.
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).