Customer Support, Chat Specialist
Founded in 2013, San Francisco-based Chairish is the leading online marketplace for exceptional home furnishings. Our mission is to inspire and foster the joy of creative expression through home decorating.
The Chairish marketplace connects millions of design lovers to over 10,000 sellers, creating newfound business for sophisticated brands, unique makers, remarkable artists, esteemed vintage and antique dealers as well as private collectors. We are leading the luxury home furnishings industry into the digital future.
Our leadership team includes veteran technology entrepreneurs who’ve created the biggest global travel brands alongside celebrated fashion and design industry executives. Chairish has earned widespread recognition from leaders in the home design space. Architectural Digest named Chairish the #1 “can’t live without decorating app” that “will change the way you shop for furniture online.” Entrepreneur lists Chairish as one of “best entrepreneurial companies in America” and IAB recently named Chairish a "Brand to Watch in 2020”.
Chairish Inc. is looking for a Customer Support - Chat Specialist to join our team as we relaunch our chat program. This position is critical in providing support to our buyer, seller, and Trade communities. We’re looking for someone who keeps customer satisfaction at the core of every decision, thrives on taking ownership, providing guidance, and resolving issues for our customers. In this role you will reinforce the Chairish Inc Brand Value, instilling trust & building relationships by going the extra mile within every interaction throughout the customer life cycle.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our customers, driving satisfaction, loyalty, revenue and repeat purchase
- Positively and professionally engage with customers, primarily via chat and related channels (Ask the Seller), converting them to brand evangelists. May also provide support via phone and email as needed.
- Support customer inquiries via inbound or outbound chat
- Obtain and provide responses inbound seller Q&A for targeted accounts
- Moderate seller Q&A channel to identify opportunities and intervene where appropriate
- Collaborate daily with internal teams and colleagues to resolve customer concerns effectively
- Attend and contribute to a variety of meetings, ranging from company-wide sessions to team-led problem-solving sessions
- Participate in launching and supporting new initiatives continually capturing customer feedback used in collaboration sessions with various teams (Product, UX, Engineering) to improve our product and increase satisfaction
- 3+ years in a web-based customer support role, using a variety of channels (phone, email, chat)
- Familiarity with Zendesk (or other) & CRM systems and practices
- Proficient with web-based platforms and tools (e.g. Google Docs & Gmail)
- Preference is given to candidates with experience supporting a marketplace - including product lines, pricing, delivery times & methods
- A background or interest in home design is a plus
- Customer-Centric - you have a genuine passion to help those around you
- Ready to learn/grow/flex customer service muscles
- Curious - you want to understand how things work with the intention of improving service
- Love to communicate - professionally, conversationally, and with compassion
- Genuinely listens to customers, formulating a personalized response to their needs
- Enjoys problem-solving - comfortable navigating hurdles, using critical thinking & good judgment
- Strong time management and organizational skills, effectively multi-tasking without negatively impacting quality
Chairish Inc. is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender identity/expression, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives to apply to job positions at Chairish.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please apply with your resume. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
We offer our Chairish employees the below benefits and perks:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Flexible remote work policy
- Employee discount program
- Paid maternity + family leave
- Paid Holidays
- Short term disability and life insurance