Title : Translation Services
**Location : Remote
Start Date: December 2022
Expected Duration: To be agreed upon
BACKGROUND AND JUSTIFICATION:
IESC is a leading U.S. nonprofit organization that fosters private sector development in the economically developing world. Since 1964, we have delivered lasting solutions that have resulted in more than 1.5 million jobs in 137 countries. We partner with businesses, cooperatives, entrepreneurs, jobseekers, and governments to sustainably build capacity, create jobs, and grow enterprises, sharing proven skills and experience that improve the lives of individuals, families, and communities around the world. Our major funders today are the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), among others.
IESC is looking for an individual or a company to provide translation services in support of project implementation for the USDA-Food for Progress funded Horticulture Uplifting and Energizing Resiliency through Trade (La Huerta) project. The project is located in the Northern Triangle Region of Central America (El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras). La Huerta will help address root causes of migration via a holistic approach to trade via the horticulture sector. The project will focus on implementing international and risk-based Sanitary and Phytosanitary Regulations (SPS) measures, implement measures under the existing World Trade Organization (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreements (TFA), and assist in strengthening Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) through development and transfer of agriculture technologies that focus on effective, sustainable, and environmentally friendly use of agricultural resources, which focus on the high value horticulture value chains.
IESC is seeking an individual or a company to provide advanced legal and technical translations from English to Spanish and vice-versa as requested, for the purposes of facilitating project implementation. These documents will largely fall under, but are not limited to, the following subject matters: operations and financial management documents, personnel documents, and legal documents.
**DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing accurate and timely translation of technical and administrative documents from English into Spanish and from Spanish into English, as required;
- The translations must follow the page format as it is laid out in English to the extent possible (E.g. if something is bolded in English, keep the translation bolded. If there is a table, keep the translation in a table. If the translation changes the text on the page, the text boxes and figures should correspond to the appropriate text);
- Attending previously agreed upon meetings that are related to the services rendered; and,
- Handling confidential information appropriately.
- Education: Advance linguistic-related degree preferred but not mandatory;
- Ability to produce professional quality policy and regulatory legal document translations from English to Spanish and vice-versa is required;
- Translation experience in both the law and/or economic fields is preferable;
- At least five years of English-Spanish language translation and interpretation experience, preferably in a government or business office settings; and,
- Language Skills: Excellent/fluent written and spoken English and Spanish required.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- Resume or company qualifications;
- Description of translation fees for:
- Official documents (with locally registered seal)
- Non-official documents
- Three professional references
Job Type: Full-time