Korean Speakers For Remote Telephone & Video Interpretation
If you are interested, please copy/paste the following link into your browser and complete our online application for the Korean (Over-the-Phone Interpreter) role.
ManpowerGroup Public Sector, a ManpowerGroup Company (NASDAQ: MAN), provides services to the US Government and industry. We are looking to hire native speakers of KOREAN to work from home as full-time Phone/Video Interpreters.
No previous experience as an interpreter is required although it will be helpful to have a good command of vocabulary in one or more of the following areas: Healthcare, Government, Insurance, Financial, Travel & Hospitality, General Business, Law Enforcement, Court, 911 and other such industries. However, it is not a requirement to have a background in these areas. Interpreters are responsible for handling calls on demand and accurately interpreting the meaning of conversations between KOREAN and English speakers. Entry-level candidates willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
There are numerous benefits to this opportunity:
- Full-time status for any interpreter who works a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Benefits from the company for all full-time employees including health and 401K
- Up to five (5) weeks of PAID professional training provided by the company before conducting any phone/video interpretation
- Provision of a laptop and headset by the company at no cost to the interpreter
- After successfully completing the company’s interpreter training, they send all full-time interpreters the laptop and necessary hardware, so there are no out-of-cost expenses to the interpreters
- The ability to work a weekly set schedule with set hours
- Flexibility in terms of the days and times available for work
- Some of the positions require the interpreter to work one or both weekend days a week
- The company has multiple openings depending on what works best with each individual’s schedule
- KOREANinterpreters are paid $18.00 per hour (part-time) and $20.00 per hour (full-time) regardless of how many calls they receive
- Some companies pay only for the minutes interpreters are actually on the phone interpreting on a call
- The ability to put your linguist skills to direct use assisting other KOREANnationals throughout the United States and to help first responders (firefighters, police, EMTs, etc.), medical professionals (doctors, nurses, pharmacists, etc.), financial specialists (bankers, etc.), insurance specialists, and others
While these positions only involve spoken interpretation (no written translation is required), we encourage individuals with other professional linguistic experience to apply, including foreign language instructors.
**Because this is a remote position, it is essential to ensure a quiet and secure environment.**
- Fluency in KOREAN and English.
- Familiarity with KOREAN culture.
- Ability to find the best way of communicating with someone who has limited English proficiency.
- Good listening, recall and note-taking skills to keep a high level of accuracy during interpretation.
- Education or work experience in language-related fields such as teaching, language assessment, translation or interpretation preferred, but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally authorized to work in the US (green card or US citizenship)
- Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
**Based on your location, a pre-employment background check and/or drug screen may be required**
WORK LOCATION: Remote; Work from Home
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Korean (Required)
- English (Required)
Work Location: Remote