First impressions matter. TaskRay is on a mission to ensure businesses get off to a great start with a flawless customer experience. TaskRay is the leader in post-sale work management in the Salesforce ecosystem. We help companies make the transition from sales to customer success frictionless, driving greater efficiencies and creating unmatched customer experiences – all within Salesforce.
Culture is important to us. You must value the following as much as we do:
Connection. Cultivate authentic connections with customers, partners, and each other. We believe in a customer-first mindset across everything we do, continuously learning and focusing on the ‘We’ rather than the ‘I’.
Integrity. We are transparent, sharing information and feedback freely. We infuse every action with honesty, fairness, and respect for customers and colleagues alike. We do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
Hunger. We have high expectations and expect high performance of ourselves and our teams. We constantly look to innovate and improve, unleashing our creativity and persistence to find solutions and deliver exceptional results.
Thrive. We love what we do and bring our best selves to work every day. We show up as real human beings who speak from the heart, value others’ contributions and invest in each other’s growth.
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to lead our accounting and finance functions. As the Senior Accountant, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the financial operations of the company run seamlessly – that means accurate audit-ready financials, budget and forecasting that hit the mark, regular spot on and value-add analysis, and more – all while ensuring our various compliance requirements are met. The ideal candidate has a track record of success in a variety of financial functions and works well cross-functionally. This position reports directly to the CFO/COO.
Some traits we're looking for, from you:
- You have curiosity and grit when it comes to approaching a problem and finding a solution, constantly asking “why.”
- You sweat the small stuff and have a keen attention to detail and deadlines.
- You are wired to understand the business reason behind numbers and constantly think about the best way to achieve a business goal.
- You think systems first and constantly search for ways to automate processes.
- You want to be part of a goal-oriented, high achievement organization.
- You know being part of a small team means rolling up your sleeves to find the right answer.
- You are a team player and help with things outside of the job description.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee daily operations of the accounting function, including hands-on accounting and managing a third-party bookkeeper for select tasks to ensure accurate and timely preparation, review, and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual GAAP-compliant financial statements
- Oversee proper invoicing and revenue recognition, with monthly deferred revenue and deal opportunity audits
- Manage customer financial communications to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Proactively forecast and manage cash on a weekly and monthly basis, including identifying and stress testing for business risks
- Support an effective budgeting and forecasting process that establishes ownership and accountability across the organization, and strategically allocates resources in alignment with the company’s strategy and goals
- Manage an efficient annual third-party audit process
- Work cross-departmentally to provide actionable data and ad hoc analyses that inform key business decisions or drive company performance, such as pricing, customer segment mix, R&D investments, etc.
- Develop and oversee the execution for the financial technology roadmap, including expanding systems functionality and automation in partnership with the Director of Business Systems
- Build upon current financial control processes
- Manage the internal control and security environment; work with the Director of Business Systems to ensure the company is utilizing best in class business systems and software
- Manage, develop, and build a high-performance finance team
- Ensure local, state, and federal compliance
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
- 6+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience, with at least 2 years in a role as a Staff Accountant, Finance Manager, or similar position
- Strong technical accounting background
- Leadership and people management skills
- Strong desire to roll up your sleeves, figure things out, and make them better
- CPA (active or inactive status), preferred
- Background with software security, preferred
Key Systems Used:
- QuickBooks Online
- Potential transition to NetSuite or Sage Intacct
Cash compensation for this role is commensurate with experience. Estimated base salary range is between $80,000-$110,000. This position is also eligible for a bonus based on company and individual performance targets.
TaskRay offers highly competitive non-cash compensation ranging from flexible PTO practices to a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability insurance programs, expanded EAP benefits, 401k matching, reimbursement stipends, and bonuses for taking vacation and for anniversaries.
This position is remote. While TaskRay has a physical office in the Denver area, we’ve always been proud of our hybrid approach to the work environment, even pre-pandemic. There will be times we ask you to come to the office, but for the most part, we know you are as excited to contribute to the company’s success as we are to have you!
We value diversity
TaskRay is an inclusive culture embracing the value of a diverse workforce in all roles, at all levels of the organization. We work to give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and to make decisions based on job related factors. We ask that you do not disclose any information on the application which could indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity. pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law or regulation and we encourage applicants who meet some but not all qualifications to apply.