Product Designer - Ux
- Engage in product definition discussions with Product Managers and Product Owners in order to identify assumptions and clear, concise, and comprehensive goals.
- Partner with and support Design Researchers in conducting user discovery, concept validation, and usability testing.
- Document and socialize usability findings with cross-functional teams.
- Translate research findings and recommendations into evidence-based wireframes.
- Partner with team members in developing and evolving the visual language and design system for our products and platforms, incorporating our brand and voice.
- Create reusable, scalable visual design assets that fit into a greater pattern library and are consumable by developers and engineers
- Build amicable, productive, trusting relationships with partner teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You are an effective communicator who is adept at facilitating working sessions.
- You ask questions to get to the heart of the problem at hand.
- You have a good grasp of design thinking methodologies, using empathy and critical thinking to understand and frame problems.
- You are interested in developing your research skills, by leading well-framed usability testing: planning, recruiting, leading, analyzing results, making design recommendations, and communicating findings & recommendations.
- You clearly and concisely communicate ideas, perspectives, user research, design problems, and design solutions in a diplomatic and persuasive manner.
- You are comfortable working with design systems and/or pattern libraries.
- You have a solid understanding of visual design fundamentals: color, typography, composition, space, time/motion, information visualization.
- You fully grasp of the theories, concepts, and methods of user-centered design and interaction design (controls, states, etc.) which you have applied in a variety of ways.
- You balance passion for your craft with a dedication to on-time, on-target delivery of work.
- 2-5 years of professional experience in an agency or software setting or comparable education/work experience.
- Expertise demonstrated by a compelling portfolio that showcases your problem framing, research, problem solving, and visualization skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure RP, Figma or other similar design tools.