Content Marketing Writer & Coordinator 🔥
Skidmore Studio leads brand and marketing engagements with emerging brands in the consumer-packaged goods space. After the brand foundation is established, we bring these brands to life through marketing planning and execution, leading and advising our clients on the best ways to leverage their marketing budgets.
We’re seeking a Content Marketing Writer/Coordinator to own the marketing of Skidmore Studio by leading all marketing strategy, executions, and results review. Your focus will be adding potential positioned clients to our marketing qualified leads funnel. You will also support our sales team with sales materials.
The right fit is an expert in Business-to-Business copywriting who understands how to position Skidmore Studio to potential clients. You will be evaluated based on the growth of target audiences and their engagement with our website, emails and external marketing channels such as Skidmore Studio’s LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram pages. You will work as an individual contributor and collaborate with other Skidmorvians to get the content and resources you need to execute the studio marketing strategy on-time and on-budget.
Skidmore Studio is a strategic creative studio originally based in Detroit and now running remotely. Founded as an illustration shop in 1959, the studio helps consumer-facing organizations grow through expert brand strategy, design, and marketing support. The team of writers, strategists, and designers craft brands that get today’s consumers excited about products on shelves, online, and in their everyday lives. Skidmore works with nationally recognized brands such as Xenith, Crafthouse Cocktails, Griffin Claw and Lipari Foods.
Own studio marketing efforts to generate inbound, qualified, and positioned leads
- Write studio marketing content that accurately and enthusiastically captures and sells the studio
- Assist sales team with identifying and securing new positioned accounts by creating documents and written proposals
- Support the Studio’s sales/account teams as they develop RFPs, pitch decks, sales books, etc.
- Manage portfolio of Studio’s work samples and case studies and keep the Studio content library organized and accessible
Lead studio marketing content creation
- Participate in establishing voice & tone and creating messaging guide for the studio
- Write original, on-voice copy that’s original, technically perfect, and fulfills the project’s goals; deliverables may range from web copy to white papers, PR pitches, emails, social media posts or other.
- Collaborate with the team- especially designers and web developers - to create extraordinary work
Coordinate the execution of studio content marketing
- Upload content to Studio website (WordPress) and facilitate marketing automation strategies (currently using SharpSpring)
- Schedule all content for posting in social media channels
- Manage email marketing list and activities
- Manage studio PR activities and potential PR partners
- Engage with followers, partners, employees, and clients on social media channels and in email or form responses
Serve as studio marketing strategy leader in partnership with our Leadership team
- Develop studio marketing strategy and set studio goals and KPIs
- Implement a content calendar and marketing strategies per the Studio Marketing Plan
- Work with Studio project managers to manage timelines, deadlines, budgets, and partners (i.e. Photographers or Developers) for Studio Marketing projects
- Communicate project progress to leadership and sales team
- Be the Studio Advocate on all your projects. This means watching for scope creep and saying “No” to strategy or tactics that aren’t in the best interest of the Studio
Interpret results of marketing strategies and tactics, and use data to make educated business recommendations for improvement
- Monitor and analyze marketing email and website performance metrics (SharpSpring, Google Analytics)
- Manage and monitor Skidmore’s social media accounts and communities to determine content results
- Be conversant in SEO and social media strategies, tactics, and best practices
Research and analyze target industries, audiences, and trends
- Research and fully understand our clients’ businesses and industries
- Research brands, industries, customer, and audiences; glean useful and sharable insights
- Follow and read contemporary traditional and digital publications and thinkers in the CPG and Creative industries and glean insights to share with studio marketing strategy partners
- Stay knowledgeable and informed in writing, editing, branding, and marketing trends and best practices.
- Keep up to date with industry trends/knowledge on to inform current strategies and solutions we offer our clients
ROLE GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- Potentially participate as Content Marketing Strategist for Studio clients as your capacity allows.
- Potentially contribute to Studio client creative copy and content.
- Potentially support internal communications for the Studio with the HR and leadership teams.
- Excellent writing skills: you view writing as your core competency
- Excited about growing our studio’s potential client list by filling the top of our funnel with decision makers at emerging consumer brands
- Strategic, organized thinker who’s comfortable with ambiguity and has ability to bring structure to nebulous problems
- Strong communicator, able to clearly present strategies and concepts
- Love collaborating with teammates to solve problems creatively
- Knowledge of emerging CPG branding and marketing trends
- Ability to take direction from leadership and Creative Directors, apply it to your work, and learn from their guidance
- Able to capture and respond to feedback in ways that value others’ POVs
- Strong analytical chops: Able to translate data/information into clear, actionable insights from studio marketing results and engagement data
- Conversant in SEO and social media strategies, tactics, and best practices
- Desire to remove “not possible” from your vocabulary; substitute with “how might we…”
- 3+ years (or equivalent experience) in copywriting, sales, marketing, and/or advertising, experience in an agency or studio setting preferred
- Strong voice, storytelling, editing, and presentation abilities
- Degree in communications, marketing, or experiential equivalent
- Previous experience and demonstrable success in a content marketing writer, strategy, or coordinator role (extra consideration will be given to candidates with industry experience in food & bev, alcohol, or retail)
- Previous experience and demonstrable success in marketing and proven track record in helping small companies plan and execute their marketing efforts
- Knowledge of AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style, web writing best practices, content marketing best practices, and SEO
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Apple Pages and Keynote, and/or G-suite, experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
YOUR CONNECTED LOCATION
Skidmore Studio is operated as a connected team who work remotely, predominately in Eastern and Central Time Zones.
Our remote work expectation is the team is connected Monday through Friday and available for online meetings, phone calls and chats during common business hours (9 am – 4 pm Eastern).
Our team travels to meet in person every quarter. Currently, those quarterly meetings are taking place in our physical studio in Detroit, Michigan.
Teammates are provided company hardware and software tools relevant to their roles and are expected to have reliable internet connections and the ability to appear on camera for meetings indicated as video conferences.
Skidmore Studio is an equal opportunity employer. Those underrepresented in the creative community are encouraged to apply.
We help organizations grow through expert brand strategy, design, brand activation and later marketing. Our approach is thoughtful, collaborative, and rooted in real business goals. Every member of the Skidmore team is expected to continuously strive to fulfill the Studio’s core purpose and uphold our core values:
Core Purpose: To help good organizations and good people be their best.
Be Creative – In all things we do.
Challenge – Ourselves, our clients, and each other.
Team- Work Together. Be Humble. Extend Grace.
Enjoy – Share positive energy and gratitude.
Integrity- Do the right thing.
Communication – Speak openly and candidly.
Details. Details. Details.
Paid time off: Paid vacations days, 11-13 paid holidays per calendar year, and unlimited paid sick/personal time.
Medical Coverage: The Studio pays a portion of the premium for both employees and eligible family members.
Dental Coverage: 100% Studio paid for employees.
Vision Coverage: 100% Studio paid for employees.
401K Plan: Sponsored 401k retirement savings plan which includes an employer match after 90 days employment.
Wellness Reimbursement: Monthly wellness stipend.
Wireless Communication Stipend: Stipend for personal cell phone and home internet expenses during the COVID-19 Pandemic.