Devops Engineer 🔥
At TixTrack, we deliver world-class ticketing solutions. We combine modern technology, beautifully simple design, and the art of listening to create ticketing software that is easy to use but extremely powerful.
We are a small but growing company and anticipate robust growth in 2022-23. TixTrack HQ is in Los Angeles with a presence across the US, including NYC and international markets including the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
The DevOps Engineer develops and manages the systems and infrastructure within TixTrack. This role will drive key decisions in the development process and help TixTrack by working across Engineering, QA, Product Management, Security, and other teams to improve our processes and operations. This position at TixTrack will allow you to expand your knowledge base while getting to work on new and exciting product offers in the live entertainment ticketing space.
We operate a highly redundant web-based software platform written in .NET core and hosted primarily on Azure (with a mix of Cloudflare, AWS, Snowflake, etc.) Our product must meet rigorous SLAs for uptime and quality, and can experience tremendous surges in traffic, often resulting in more than 100,000 concurrent users. Quite challenging for a small, scrappy team!
This position reports directly to the Director, Systems Development.
This position is full-time and fully remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain deployment automation for our cloud-based software products.
- Work with engineering teams to advise and contribute to cloud architecture, operational stability, cost management and reporting requirements for our cloud solutions.
- Work closely with engineering teams to maximize developer productivity.
- Continually develop and improve DevOps processes, adding value through optimization, automation, and effective reporting.
- Provide timely and effective response to incidents, to minimize the impact on our customers and keep colleagues updated as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities, that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Four or more years of DevOps experience working in a production environment.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of the standard day and to be on call as part of a shared team rotation due to the global, 24X7 nature of the team.
- Experience with DevOps and agile methodologies.
- Excellent and proven knowledge of PowerShell, Bash and/or Node JS scripting.
- Working knowledge of source control tools and concepts such as git workflows, versioning, branching.
- A solid understanding of distributed, highly redundant, and secure cloud architectures.
- Hands-on experience in cloud infrastructure as code development, with the ability to lead architecture and technology evaluations and decisions.
- CI/CD tools and processes, particularly Azure DevOps.
- Cloud development experience, ideally with ASP.NET Core.
- Certifications in Azure and/or AWS is highly desired.
- Experience with Github Codespaces is a plus.
- Willingness to learn cloud security principles, practices, and tools.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, able to convey information clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work closely and collaborate effectively across many teams.
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suite
TixTrack is committed to a workplace where everyone is free from bias, prejudice, discrimination, and harassment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We strive to ensure a welcoming work environment where everyone belongs and is valued, encouraged, & respected. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace.
We are focused on building a culture that acknowledges and values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Compensation & Perks
- Base annual salary range of $115,000 - $135,000, commensurate with experience.
- Annual bonus based on performance and company success
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision benefits for employee and dependents
- Company-paid life insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401k plans
- Learning & development opportunities
- Flexible scheduling
- Generous PTO and holiday schedule
- Remote work environment