Copywriter/editor - Us, Remote Option
The ideal candidate is a self-proclaimed “word nerd” who is excited by the opportunity to create moments with words. The Copywriter/Editor role demands a deep desire to learn and grow as a subject matter expert in order to develop copy that’s meaningful to Guidewire audiences. Your work will be critical in shaping Guidewire’s brand messages and voice.
- Stellar written communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert editing and proofreading skills
- Quick learner with the ability to write with authority on a wide range of topics
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google business applications
- Ability to structure disparate information into a cohesive story
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Strong planning and presentation skills
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail, with the ability to deliver outcomes on tight deadlines
- Serve as primary resource for copywriting and editing requests across multiple channels, including website, blogs, editorial articles, social media, collateral, scripts, speeches, presentations, and others
- Edit content to ensure brand consistency and excellence in output
- Serve as a thought partner for multi-channel launch campaigns and events
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders to deliver stellar copy for a variety of initiatives
- Work closely with content owners, product managers, and other experts to develop and maintain knowledge of Guidewire technology, customer needs, and P&C industry trends to inform content
- Interview subject matter experts and conduct research to inform content
- Ensure that Guidewire copy is concise, accurate, and compelling, and that it aligns with the Guidewire brand voice and corporate messaging
- Proactively track and incorporate creative trends seen across B2B marketing and pop culture to elevate corporate copy
- Be a fierce advocate for the corporate brand, continually seeking innovative ways to amplify Guidewire’s voice across existing and emerging channels
- Special projects as assigned by Corporate Marketing and executive leadership
- Bachelor's or University degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or related field
- 3+ years of copywriting/editing experience preferably for a B2B company in the technology or insurance industry
- MS Office or Google Suite proficiency
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with project management systems such as SmartSheet, Wrike, Monday.com, Asana, or Trello
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on Twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.