Remote Vice President, Managing Director 🔥
As a Vice President, Managing Director in Select Market you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and growing strong and committed relationships with key employee benefit decision makers, influencers, and C- suite executives at a set of Fidelity s institutional clients. This role leads and collaborates with an internal team of service-based associates and business partners across the Fidelity organization to solve client problems and offer consultative solutions for client needs. Together with your internal teams, and partnering with the Plan Sponsor contacts, you ll help our clients lead successful Benefits and Total Wellness programs to improve their employees overall wellbeing.
THIS ROLE MAY BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE US
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Focusing on understanding and responding to clients. Assume a consultative role to acquire a clear understanding of the business needs and relevant issues. Ensure client satisfaction by seeking feedback and anticipate issues and/or concerns to proactively provide solutions.
The Expertise You Have
- Require associate in this role to hold Series 7 & 63 licenses
- Prefer associates to have 8+ years of Relationship Management or Client Service experience; preferably within Retirement/401K industry
- Experience with Health and Welfare, Defined Benefits and Stock Plan Services administration is also effective, but not required
The Value You Deliver
- Building positive client relationships based on shared dedication to mutual goals. Setting the strategic direction for the relationship and demonstrates ultimate ownership and accountability. Acting as the client s “trusted advisor.”
- Identifying and maintaining consistent formal/informal contact with key client decision makers. Engaging key client decision makers and advisors/consultants frequently to develop a deeper understanding of client needs and opportunities.
- Staying advised of changes in the client's business, their competition, industry, and marketplace, through proactive solicitation and/or research, to advise and drive client happiness.
- Designing and conducting strategic planning and service review meetings, either virtually or in person, to better understand client's goals and objectives. Appropriately positioning products and solutions that will help the client achieve their overall benefits goals.
- Facilitating discussions with clients regarding legal, regulatory and design issues across the plan. Consulting with clients on qualified and potentially non-qualified plan design alternatives.
- Working with consultants on inbound inquiries, plan sponsor presentations, plan design, product, technology, customer concerns, fund changes revenue requirements, pricing negotiations, Fidelity thought leadership, plan analytics, etc.
- In partnership with Consultant Relations, building productive long-term relationships with consultants and/or advisors.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships across a broad spectrum of Fidelity business partners to drive operational accuracy, efficiency and problem resolution. Leading internal team in problem resolution.
Strategic Book Management
- Develops a comprehensive, customer-centric relationship management strategy and business plan for each client in your book of business.
- Leads a diverse multi-product Fidelity offering including: Defined Contribution, Health Savings Accounts, Health and Welfare, Defined Benefits, Stock Plan Services, Student Debt and Workplace Giving.
- Differentiates Fidelity's benefits approach against competitive benefit solutions.
- Proactively leads pricing and fees discussions using more sophisticated pricing levers.
- Responsible for collaborating with extended service teams to provide information on fiduciary duties, participant communication and education strategies as required to support book of business.
- Advocates for the client within the boundaries of sound financial judgment and long-term Fidelity interests.
- Makes decisions based on long-term view of trends, issues and business implications and cross-Fidelity impacts.
- Provides analysis and advice to resolve the needs of internal/external customers.
- Handles difficult client interactions and solves sophisticated book of business/client challenges. Solves issues and leads customer concerns appropriately.
- Excellent presentation, influence, and negotiation skills, as well as strong organizational, time management and executive presence capabilities will be needed to excel in this position.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
$100,000 - $180,000 per year
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.
Series 07 - FINRA, Series 63 - FINRA
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.
At Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award , we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we're calling " Dynamic Working ."
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to
800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.