Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew is hiring an experienced writer with expertise in covering and analyzing a range of topics related to the Marketing industry.
This job will require you to report on, write vividly about, and ultimately spark conversations centered around the Marketing industry.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the Marketing industry and an extensive network of industry contacts. You should also have a body of work demonstrating a gimlet eye, a hunger to stay on top of the conversation, and a talent for cleverly explaining inside baseball for an audience that’s largely outside the ballpark.
In this role, you will use your curiosity to investigate intriguing characters and narratives. You will tap your creativity to tell those stories with precise details and memorable prose. You will generate lots of ideas and experiment with different approaches to storytelling, from conventional reported stories and explainers to analytical takeaways, briefs, and visual items. Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
– Interest and expertise in business writing and reporting (added plus for those who have directly covered the Marketing industry);
– Have a deep and broad source network
– 3-7+ years of reporting experience
– Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (engaging, informative, clever)
– Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (email, social media, etc.) to engage with the target audience
– Self-starter attitude with ability to operate in a collaborative, quickly-changing environment
– Combination of attention to detail and creative, strategic thinking
– Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration
– Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment
75-90k *Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
- Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
- Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
- Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
- Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
- Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
- Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
- Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
- Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
🌴 Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
🏠 U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from a coffee shop, work from your friend’s sofa, or work from…
🏢 Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
💰 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
⚕️ Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
🛋 Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
💞 Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
👪 Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
☕️ Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
👨💻 WFH stipend: Customize your home office, on us!
🏋️ Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
🎓 Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.