Director Of Product Design, Growth 🔥
MURAL’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration.
MURAL created the Collaborative Intelligence System™ to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, MURAL is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 700 “MURAListas” around the world collaborate in the MURAL® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
MURAL has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
As a Director of Product Design for Growth, you will:
- Recruit, grow, lead and retain a strong team of diverse and inclusive product designers in a motivating and supportive manner including conducting design critiques that result in high quality product experiences and desired outcomes for the different growth loops (acquisition, aha moment, engagement and monetization)
- Collaborate with VP of Product and Engineering Director to define the product experience strategy and vision for the Product Growth pillar, translating business goals into innovative, creative and engaging product experiences
- Collaborate cross-functionally to establish goals and OKRs that design decisions can be mapped to
- Collaborate with Research and Product Analytics leads across all phases of the product development cycle to drive prioritization and make sure design solutions are based on insights
- Build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with product teams to launch new experiments and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of customer needs, business objectives and technical constraints
- Work with other design leaders to establish and promote a vision for the future of design at MURAL
We’re looking for someone with:
- An insatiable curiosity and love of experimentation and vision setting
- Passionate about metrics and customer data
- Deep empathy for the people you work with, design for, and lead
- Passion for great design that is grounded in qualitative and quantitative insights and an appreciation for the details
- An understanding that feedback is a gift
- A love of design craft
The top candidate will have:
- 10+ years experience designing exceptional experiences with at least five years leading design teams, ideally in enterprise software, SaaS, or B2B products
- Experience with A/B testing to drive product adoption
- A proven track record of hiring diverse teams, developing talent, and leading with positivity and inspiration
- Excellent practical knowledge of human-centered design methodologies and usability principles
- Experience working with research and analytics teams to gather insights on customer needs, goals and pain points, including experience using tools like usertesting.com
- Ability to collaborate successfully with teams across the organization
- Experience finding simple, innovative solutions for complex problems
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual/presentational skills
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user
- Experience with Agile methodologies
In the state of Colorado, the salary for this role ranges from $181,800 to $240,000 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
LI-Remote #LI-MM1WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- MURALvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- MURAL free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.