Lead Software Engineer, Front End 🔥
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-pace, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you’ll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking senior Front End Software Engineers who are passionate about using cutting-edge open source frameworks with emerging technologies. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with a team of developers with deep experience in distributed microservices and full stack systems
- Perform software development on Front End Applications leveraging a test-driven development pattern
- Work on deprecating legacy systems by moving the functionalities to modern platforms using open source technologies
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 6 years of professional software engineering experience (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 1 year experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Master’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in working across application stack
- 5+ years of experience in open source frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment
authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.Location is New York City
- $190,950 and $225,278 for Lead Software Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).