Staff Product Designer, Slideshare 🔥
Have you heard about our future of work program, Scribd Flex? As a key principle, we embrace flexibility and allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the work-style that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And, we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
Founded in 2006 with the goal of making knowledge sharing easy, SlideShare has since grown into a top destination for professionals. In 2020, SlideShare joined the Scribd mission to change the way the world reads by spreading access to knowledge and learning across the globe. Today, SlideShare welcomes over 80 million visitors per month, and our community of creators has built an incredible archive of over 40 million presentations — a fantastic counterpart to the Scribd library of more than 100 million community-uploaded documents and published works.
About the team Since acquiring SlideShare in 2020, the team at Scribd has been focused on bringing the product experience up to par with our competitors. Now, we’re looking for someone who can help us reimagine the user experience to raise the bar and create a product our customers love and competitors strive to match.
We pride ourselves on creating delightful experiences for our readers and creators and are looking for someone who is passionate about connecting people to a world of knowledge and resources to raise the bar even higher.
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great. Join us and build something meaningful.
What we’re looking for
- An experienced designer to own key initiatives and partner with product, engineering, research, and analytics to define strategy and direction for SlideShare.
- Someone who loves crafting beautifully designed solutions based on insights from real people, and inspires the organization with a clear strategic vision to show others what’s possible.
- A designer with an entrepreneurial spirit who’s enthusiastic about iterative improvements toward an innovative future vision.
- Someone with a mastery of empathy and user experience intuition, strong leadership and strategic partnership, as well as a passion for visual polish.
What you’ll do
- Partner with product, data analytics, user research, QA, engineering, and customer support to identify requirements, use cases, user problems and opportunities.
- Lead design projects from brief, research, and concept exploration through prototyping, visual design details, motion design, and stewardship through development.
- Use data collected from research, user testing and market evaluation to create truly user-centric designs.
- Pair with our research department to plan and conduct user research, and test prototypes to understand user needs and emotions and the resonance of our product — synthesizing the results to inspire empathy and bring clarity to the broader team.
- Visualize and communicate complex design solutions across use cases by creating process flows, wireframes, motion studies, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups.
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation & specifications for your work.
- Work closely with engineers, stakeholders, and partners to ensure that the user experience is polished and as intended.
- Use a variety of metrics to evaluate and continuously improve the user experience.
- Regularly present your work to senior leaders for review and feedback.
Who you are
- You have 10+ years of experience as a product designer with demonstrable proficiency leading product strategy from early stage ideation through high fidelity design to product ship.
- You are comfortable working closely with product managers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists. You can synthesize and incorporate their points of view in your work.
- You are someone who is excited by the challenges of reimagining an existing product, working with a team to forge an unknown path, and being the primary advocate for the user across an entire product experience.
- You’re a strong communicator who has the ability to explain complex ideas clearly and persuasively, and present your work in a way that energizes and creates shared ownership for both leaders and peers. You also have the skills to mentor those around you to deliver high quality work.
- You are fluent in UX, visual and interactive design best practices and have a strong knowledge of usability fundamentals and methodologies.
- You are a talented designer with an impressive design portfolio that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You work well with ambiguity and get excited about complex problems.
- You are people-focused and passionate about designing experiences that have a positive impact.
- You are proficient in Figma (our primary tool) or Sketch and prototyping tools of your choosing.
- Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
- Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k/RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learning & Development programs
- Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort
- Mental Health support & resources
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
- Referral Bonuses
- Book Benefit
- Company wide events
- Team engagement budgets
- Vacation & Personal Days
- Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
- Flexible Sick Time
- Volunteer Day
- Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs
Want to learn more about life at Scribd? www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
- We want our interview process to be accessible to everyone. You can inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to better accommodate your needs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org about the need for adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful. -
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Ontario (Canada), British Columbia (Canada), or Mexico. *This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.