Senior Accountant/staff Accountant - Remote Opportunities Part-time & Full-time Openings 🔥
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
At Fairfield Homes & Gorsuch Construction, we are committed to creating a positive and rewarding experience by welcoming, growing and celebrating all our employees. We encourage collaboration and a sense of community throughout our organization and the communities we serve, guided by our core values of integrity, responsibility, innovation, leadership, recognition, and community. Fairfield Homes & Gorsuch Construction takes pride in offering a comprehensive benefits and perks package designed to meet the diverse needs of our team members.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Preparing, analyzing and reporting financial information with the highest level of service and quality in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Performing all accounting-related activities for an assigned business unit(s); such activities include, but are not limited to, financial management, and financial planning and analysis.
MORE SPECIFICALLY YOU GET TO
- Support the Accounting Manager with overseeing tasks performed by Accounting Specialist. Provide feedback to Accounting Manager on gaps in skills and/or performance.
- Follow, promote and enforce safety policies, practices and procedures to ensure safe working conditions and behaviors are maintained.
- Maintain financial information and documents to ensure positive financial and regulatory audit results and compliance with applicable retention policies.
- Audit accounting transactions processed to the general ledger and make appropriate adjusting entries to ensure compliance with accounting principles and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Complete funding and distribution transactions to ensure positive cash flow, and compliance with applicable bank and regulatory requirements are maintained.
- Perform accounting period close activities, such as auditing financial statements and reports, posting recurring and/or adjusting journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and analyzing and reporting variances. Review final close activities to ensure transactions are supported by proper and valid documentation.
- Complete bank reconciliations, along with research and resolution of outstanding checks, unreconciled amounts, and unclaimed funds.
- Complete, analyze and distribute financial and management reports to applicable business partners.
- Evaluate accounting policies, processes and procedures and make recommendations to enhance the accuracies and efficiencies of department resources.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of budgets and forecasts. Oversee the preparation of budgets and forecasts, analyze data and recommend appropriate adjustments.
- Analyze transactions and trends that affect the Company’s cash position and support the Accounting Manager with developing the cash flow projection.
- Participate in the financial and variance review process with key business partners, analyze factors affecting the financial results and offers recommendations for improvement.
- Provide knowledge, education and training to key business partners to enhance the financial acumen of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of accounting experience.
- Property management or Affordable Housing experience, preferred.
- Proficient in computer systems, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and accounting software.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING HERE
We offer a generous employee benefits and perks package that includes:
- Health Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement
- Charitable Giving
- Bonus Structure
- On-Demand Pay
- Summer Hours
- Education Assistance Program
- Norton LifeLock
- Legal Assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer providing opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. All personnel actions including recruitment, employment, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, terminations, layoffs, company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs will continue to be administered in accordance with the principals of equal employment opportunity.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time