senior Gcp Devops Engineer 🔥
About Rx Marketing Group
RX Marketing group is a California-based digital advertising company that employs our own state-of-the-art analytical and consumer intelligence platform to match people with the products they need to enrich their financial well-being. RX Marketing delivers campaign optimization and data monetization through multiple channels and proprietary websites, primarily in the finance vertical. We are growing and looking for talented, passionate, and visionary people to add to our team! We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits including a complete insurance package (medical, dental, and vision) and unlimited PTO. If you enjoy working with other professionals in a challenging fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with extensive GCP experience to provide technical support for the engineering team. DevOps Engineer will work on multiple implementation projects, lead maintenance efforts, setup reliable monitoring, develop and implement disaster recovery plans, and continuously work on optimization of all Software Development and IT infrastructure services including but not limited to, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Gitlab (CI/CD), Google SQL, Terraform, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, and DataDog, OpenVPN.
The right candidate will be taking a lead role in the implementation and upkeep of our current CI/CD Pipeline and several platform automation efforts.
What we expect out of every member of our software engineering team:
- The ability to create a plan of attack on how you're going to accomplish the code you write in the form of flow diagrams, database schema ERD, and supporting documentation before you follow through on execution, execution is everything.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and excel at your technical core competencies.
- We adhere to a high standard of engineering. Your code must be well structured, compliant, and maintainable.
- Be involved in our stand ups every morning, participate in team deep-dives that describe what we are making, join in on our Lunch & Learn to showcase a piece of technology you want us to adopt, and work with our project managers to stay on track and update our users!
- Be organized and be able to communicate your objectives to your peers.
- Positive and supportive team culture of diversity and growth.
- Participate in our rotating on-call schedule for monitoring outages outside of business hours.
RX Marketing's Tech Stack
- Code: PHP Laravel Framework 8+, NodeJs/VueJS, and Python.
- Infrastructure and DevOps: Ubuntu Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS & Google Cloud, and Sentry.
- Databases: ElasticSearch, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Redis, and MySQL.
- Version Control: GitHub & Gitlab
- Project Tracking and Roadmaps: JIRA, Monday, and smart sheets. AGILE Scrum (eXtreme Programming).
- Participates in planning with internal and external resources to design and engineer IT cloud infrastructure solutions to support business requirements
- Maintain and improve CI/CD pipeline to optimize SDLC and various other pipeline automations.
- Create and maintain cloud infrastructure, services, and accounts.
- Maintain backup schedules and disaster recovery solutions to mitigate data loss and speed up time to resolution.
- Maintain and improve infrastructure/application alerts and monitors to automatically identify potential issues and proactively resolve them.
- Maintain and improve rollback solutions for deployments.
- Develop and maintain multiple infrastructure automations in GCP and Amazon's AWS.
- Maintain and improve Docker deployments for multiple environments, QA, development, staging, Production.
- Maintain and control environment variables and secrets for all live environments.
- Maintain and improve local engineer environments using Docker Compose over a variety of different operating systems (MacOS, Ubuntu, Windows).
- Understand and maintain networking and VPN systems.
- Continually identify processes that can be automated; plan and implement said automations.
- Work with engineers to debug issues on multiple environments.
- Be on call to resolve infrastructure and pipeline issues.
- Continually review infrastructure and systems to increase availability and operational efficiency.
- Continually review security measures and issues for infrastructure and pipelines.
- Continually review cost measures to increase cost efficiency while maintaining high availability and secure systems.
The Senior DevOps Role requires a high level of both hard and soft skills including but not limited to the following:
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of GCP - Extensive experience with standing up and managing GCP infrastructure and environments, both leveraging Terraform.
- Gitlab + GCP GKE - Expert knowledge of deploying applications to Kubernetes clusters, setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipeline ( Gitlab + GCP GKE ).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in dealing with multiple disaster scenarios in multiple environments with a proven track record in debugging and addressing issues in GCP Cloud (GKE, Docker), AWS: EC2, RDS, Route 53, VPC, IAM, ACM.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results.
- Working with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple flavors of Linux: Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, Alpine.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Must be a highly disciplined self-starter with excellent time management skills.
Benefits of working with us:
- Untracked & Unlimited PTO: Many organizations try this, but we do it successfully.
- Paid Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision for you & your family: your family is our family.
- Fully remote-work: You don't have to come to an office! Our team works over Slack, Google Meet, and Zoom.
- Company-provided hardware: We don't want you to be held back by hardware - we provide the newest Apple hardware (MBP), extra monitors, and peripherals.
- Employee education programs: Do you want to continue to learn and grow? We will pay for your training, courses, materials, and certifications.