- Remote, Remote, United States
We’re searching for a contract copywriter to work with our global technology client. The ideal candidate is a creative, data-driven copywriter and editor—with a knack for content strategy—who’s familiar with, or curious about, cloud computing. This person will also be a resourceful and versatile writer with a passion for developing a thoughtful customer journey across web and email, and will have strong cross-team collaboration skills.
- Your primary job is to write, rewrite, and edit copy across the cloud portfolio. You’ll also contribute to email, digital ads, and other marketing collateral to support global campaigns.
- You’ll research SEO keywords and weave them into page copy, improve page metadata, and look for opportunities to create new content pages that capture organic traffic.
- Experienced writer. You’ve done it all—business to consumer, ads to web copy—and have the portfolio to prove it. Your sentences are squeaky clean, compelling, and conversational. You know when jargon is useful and when it gets in the way, when to add a dash of style and when to stick to facts.
- Eye for strategy. You’re a writer, but you’re obsessed with a coherent and engaging customer journey. You examine the strategy behind every piece you write and collaborate with your content marketing stakeholders to make it better.
- Brand and voice expert. You can quickly adapt to a new brand voice and nail it with each word choice you make.
- Audience obsessed. You’re laser-focused on your audience and their needs and interests. Your copy respects their time and intelligence, but never assumes that readers inherently know or care about the topic.
- Style vanguard. You’re serious about upholding style rules and offended by typos, and you instantly know how to make a bad draft better.
- Natural collaborator. You communicate succinctly and professionally and know how to take and apply feedback.
- You make even the most boring, technical concepts compelling and understandable.
- Fact-based, data-driven. You persuade with facts, not fluff. And, you always challenge your assumptions and support your word choices through research and testing.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) experience.
- Familiarity with or affinity or curiousity for cloud computing.
- A degree in English (composition or literature), communications, or marketing preferred.
- 5-7+ years’ experience writing marketing copy for digital experiences; —tech-industry experience preferred.
- Previous Microsoft experience (in-house, or as a vendor or freelancer) preferred.
Projectline Services, a division of Projectline Inc., delivers on-demand consulting and resourcing services around the world from our offices in Seattle, Philadelphia, Toronto, Portland, and beyond. Our consultants offer deep expertise in marketing, program management, sales support, and operations.
Projectline has been recognized as a great place to work. The awards keep coming in: We were named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by Seattle Business Magazine, included in the Inc 5000 list for five years in a row, and have won a place on the Seattle Met magazine list of Best Places to Work twice. If you are looking for a place where you can grow your consulting career with a list of blue-chip clients, contact us.
Our mission is to positively impact the people we work with, the people we work for, and the communities we live in. We support our mission by providing an inclusive environment where all are empowered to share their diverse perspectives and experiences so we can ultimately be better together. Our policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships are not based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status. We strongly encourage women, people of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply. If you are unable to read our application form, or need any assistance in applying for this role, please email us at PLjobs@Projectlineservices.com and we would be happy to assist you.
Learn more at: www.projectlineservices.com
Follow us at: https://twitter.com/projectline
Posted On: Thursday, June 25, 2020