Remote Legal Counsel Commercial Contracts 🔥
Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life's most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Location: Work is what you do, not where you go. For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States or Canada
About the opportunity
As part of the expanding Ceridian global legal team, the Legal Counsel (Commercial) role will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders from Ceridian's Legal department and various functional areas in the business, in the preparation, review and negotiation of varied contracts and other legal matters as assigned.
What you'll get to do
- Prepare, review, and negotiate a variety of legal contracts and agreements;
- Provide legal advice daily on a variety of practice areas, including, but not limited to, commercial, data security, intellectual property, licensing, litigation, mergers & acquisitions, and other areas as assigned;
- Identify changes in laws and regulations affecting assigned practice areas and advise on impact to Ceridian business;
- Manage initiatives and execute procedures as assigned; and Perform other related duties as needed.
- Possess workflow prioritization skills, with the ability to work independently and as a member of a global team, in a fast-paced business environment;
- Experience working with global enterprise level sales teams and customers with changing priorities and rapid deadlines;
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills, with the ability to assess risk and provide practical recommendations;
- Strong ability to communicate and maintain effective relationships with customers, vendors, and internal Ceridian personnel;
- Skill writing reports, including framing factual and legal issues in writing for a legal opinion and making recommendations for action;
- Ability to be extremely responsive: Able to respond swiftly and adapt shifting priorities;
What's in it for you
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you're living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills and experience we value
- Juris Doctorate or LL.B., with at least 5 years' experience in either a large global in-house legal department or law firm;
- Substantive experience negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts including Software as Service (SaaS) Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Consulting Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements Data Processing Agreements and Software License Agreements;
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable
- Alternatively, candidates with a Bachelors or Masters degree (preferably MBA) and a minimum of 10 years' experience in contract management at large global company will be considered for the position (with necessary changes to expectations).
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique.We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs,great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with email directly from our organization.