Product and Design Lead 🔥
Burq started with an ambitious mission: how can we turn the complex process of offering delivery into a simple turnkey solution.
We started with building the largest network of delivery networks, partnering with some of the biggest delivery companies. We then made it extremely easy for businesses to plug into our network and start offering delivery to their customers. Now, we’re powering deliveries for some of the fastest-growing companies from retailers to startups.
It’s a big mission and now we want you to join us to make it even bigger! 🚀
We’re already backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, including Village Global, the fund whose investors include Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Reid Hoffman, and Sara Blakely. We have assembled a world-class team all over the U.S.
We operate at scale, but we're still a small team relative to the opportunity. We have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to grow while doing the most important work of your career.
We want people who are unafraid to be wrong and support decisions with numbers and narrative. Here’s a quick overview of what you will be doing:
As the Product Lead at Burq, you will work closely with co-founders, technical, and functional teams to manage the process of transforming feedback and ideas into concrete features and product enhancements in our existing platform. You will help to strategically continue building our product roadmap, identify gaps, utilize customer feedback, scope out features, and own the UI/UX design of our platform. You will be part of an emerging team that is helping our clients optimize their delivery operations, and have an immediate impact as the first employee dedicated to this function at a fast-growing, early-stage startup.
What You'll Do
- Be one of the first 20 people in a growing company on an amazing team
- Work closely with leadership and engineering to build out the product roadmap, set goals, and execute on project plans
- Manage the delivery of new features from end to end, start from defining the problem through shipping and measuring success
- Align with leadership and marketing functions to ensure new features are shared with and adopted by existing customers
- Define visual UI for mobile and web. Focusing on UI, product branding, and content presentation.
- Lead the initiative on UX and visual design to help evolve the design of our applications.
- Rapidly create multiple solutions with sketches, prototypes, and wireframes.
- Communicate designs and specifications in a reproducible/scalable manner.
- Spend time talking to customers and analyzing feedback to inform product decisions
- Play a key role in providing our customers with the best experience possible!
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in a product management role (bonus for product-led SaaS company experience)
- Background working across engineering, design, customer success, and sales
- Past experience communicating with customers to gather data about pain-points, and communicating that data with key stakeholders to evaluate against the product roadmap
- Passion for running experiments, and using data-driven approaches to measure and track success
- Experience writing PRDs and working with engineering teams to scope and workload balance
- Prior experience with owning UI/UX design
- An online portfolio featuring your web application, mobile, and any other relevant work.
- Expert eye to detail for outstanding creative and visual design.
- Have a go-getter attitude and thrive in the startup environment - you are not shy to experiment with new concepts and use data to validate success
- Experience using JIRA, agile project management methodologies, and product management software
- Are highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Are a skilled listener & with excellent verbal and written communications
About the Team
Owners: We hire a smaller number of high-quality, talented individuals and trust their judgment.
Builders: We are a very early-stage startup, which means there is an endless amount of opportunity to build! We value transparency and cross-collaboration when trying out new strategies, testing new ideas, and giving/receiving feedback.
Velocity: We move fast and with intention. We believe in transparency across our team in order to maintain our velocity and ensure we are not losing focus on the company. mission and vision
Long-Term Thinking: As a small startup, there are endless opportunities that we can tackle in our industry. To ensure we effectively scale and continue to be a market leader, we keep our team focused on our critical initiatives, and provide every team member with full-autonomy over their work in order to meet our long-term goals.
Benefits: We believe in investing heavily in our employees, and provide the below benefits to our team members:
- Competitive compensation packages, including salary and equity options
- Remote-First work environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Work-from-home Stipend
- Generous PTO