Assistant Director - Client Services 🔥
Do you have a drive to improve health and equity around the world and a mind for business? There may be a job for you helping strengthen the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington. IHME is a global leader in data-driven public health research and has led the charge for science-based decision-making during the COVID-19 pandemic, including support for increased public safety measures. IHME funds its work in part through a social enterprise – IHME Client Services – that licenses access to IHME’s data and provides analytic services to support IHME’s work.
IHME Client Services is seeking candidates for an Assistant Director to help guide the overall strategy of our team and to provide management for the team within the team that focuses on Custom Analytic Projects, also referred to as Analytic Services. In this role, you would help us expand the audience for IHME data across a wide range of sectors, including philanthropy, insurance, technology, financial services, and life sciences. The Assistant Director will expand our product portfolio to include custom analytic projects that connect directly to the specific needs of organizations who are leveraging population health data for cutting-edge work in these sectors.
IHME Client Services shares IHME’s mission to create a world in which everyone can live a long life in full health. We have built a team culture that is positive, inclusive, and fun. In the spirit of collaboration, we share praise with each other and welcome constructive critique. Everyone on the team knows that we succeed together, fail together, and adapt our approach together, whenever necessary. That is how we will ultimately drive down inequalities globally and make a healthier world for all. This role can be fully remote with travel to Seattle and to client offices worldwide.
IHME is committed to providing the evidence base necessary to help solve the world’s most important health problems. This requires creativity and innovation, which are cultivated by diverse and equitable environment that appreciates differences, embraces collaboration, and invites the voices of all IHME team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Designing and implementing an analytic strategy that generates revenue
- Design and implement overall business development strategy for the Analytic Services Portfolio.
- Lead the development of custom solutions to novel and complex questions, making creative use of IHME’s core data and analytic competencies to address industry needs.
- Oversee key areas including:
- quality assurance and routine diagnostics on databases.
- development of statistical and machine learning models
- creation of high-quality, reusable, reliable software.
- production of compelling marketing materials, decks, case studies.
Client support and deliverable production
- Coordinate Analytic Services work streams to ensure high client satisfaction.
- Oversee the production of reports, documentation, and other materials.
- Guide the development of training programs.
Team recruitment, hiring, and management
- Assemble, develop, and lead a dynamic Analytic Services team that can deliver custom analytic projects on time to generate revenue that supports IHME.
- Direct staff in data extraction, formatting, and transformation; construction and maintenance of databases; documentation; and quality control.
- Communicate effectively while contributing as a productive team member.
- Work closely with other team members to help them with relevant tasks, to show them how to learn new skills, and to help resolve problems.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in business, health, communications, medicine, or related social science, and 6–8 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional background in economics, medicine, communications, and/or business administration with substantial knowledge and passion for health systems strengthening.
- At least five years of experience in project implementation and/or global health work with donors and countries in the health sector.
- Outstanding intellectual qualifications; ability to understand IHME’s complex resources and interact with specialist client professionals.
- Strong relationship management skills in communicating with stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to cooperate in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience with developing and executing multi-year, multi-phase analytic projects.
- A commitment to working to alongside others at IHME to illuminate the health impacts of systemic racism and to work within IHME to make our organization more diverse and inclusive. See IHME’s DEI statement here: .
- PhD in epidemiology, biology, or other health sciences field.
- This role requires travel up to 25% of the year, including international travel.
- Client Services staff work under annual contracts, which are renewed based on performance. Under these contracts, staff may earn a yearly incentive bonus based upon revenue targets being achieved during the year.
- IHME Client Services is headquartered in Seattle, but team members are free to work remotely within the United States. Team meetings are conducted virtually.
- We provide funds for each team member’s ongoing professional development.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
Application Process: The application process may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.