Digital Success Director 🔥
The Director of Digital Success focuses on strategy, deployment, expansion, and measurement of GitLab’s Digital programs. They are responsible for defining, leading, and tracking strategic and operational programs to improve GitLab’s ability to effectively and efficiently deliver excellent customer outcomes through the digital experience. They work cross-functionally to orchestrate results with Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering, Support, and Finance.
Success criteria include:
- Accurate measurements of Digital’s impact
- Expanding Digital beyond email to in-app, a better Support experience and expectations, integrating the Customer Portal into the experience, Product feedback loop, and Community
- Cross-functionally helping Gitlab develop a more seamless and intuitive Digital experience through the many teams that interact with customers
- Tighter integrations with Community, in-app, and Support experiences
The Director, Digital Success reports to the.
The Director, Digital Success is a
- Develop and deliver digital initiatives to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of sales and adoption capabilities for GitLab prospects and customer, including:
- Digital customer journey and experience
- Customer journey development
- Go-to-market (GTM) and/or customer adoption campaigns, including collaboration with Marketing, Product, Data Teams, and Sales Operations
- Digital journey development, content creation and curation, and metrics
- Enhance and augment digital experience for TAM-led customers
- Cross-functionally align the digital experience across email, in-app, the customer portal, Product feedback, etc. for a cohesive customer experience
- Define, lead and track strategic and operational digital programs to successful completion
- Design, evaluate, and measure digital programs against internal targets for continuous improvement
- Leverage data and analytics to develop, lead, and measure results for GTM sales and adoption-related initiatives, programs, and campaigns
- Cross-functional leader partnering with many teams (Marketing, Product Growth, Data, CS, Digital, Ops)
- Deep experience with email campaigns, in-app experience webinars/events, and certifications
- Customer engagement experience (has been in Sales, CS, etc. vs. pure marketing automation background)
- Analytical, metrics-driven with A-B testing and proving Digital value
- 3-4 years experience managing people
- Strategic thinker, demonstrating by establishing plans, executing, and measuring effectiveness
- Gritty, proven with results
- Demonstrated progressive experience with Digital Programs, Customer Marketing, or related experience with a technical SaaS or subscription software service
- Demonstrated progressive customer success experience leading relevant teams (Customer Success Managers, Account Management, Customer Marketing, Demand Gen) and/or operations
- Experience with defining and leading digital engagement strategies (i.e., digital journey creation, content marketing, etc.)
- Experience with software development tools, practices, and methodologies is a plus
- Experienced leading cross-functional initiatives in mid-sized or large organizations (i.e., 1000+ employees)
- Management experience with a team of at least 5 team members
- Experience with digital engagement approaches and methods (i.e., Digital Customer Success / tech touch, Digital Marketing)
- Strong verbal and written skills with a strong ability to articulate and communicate strategies and plans
- Demonstrated success with cross-functional coordination, including planning, execution tracking, decision making, and OKR management
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to learn GitLab as part of the role
- You share our and work in accordance with those values
- Bookings and revenue growth as measured by , including gross renewal, expansion, and net retention
- Key measures (e.g., time-to-value, product adoption / health score, expansion win rates, etc.). A number of these measures need to evolve to be developed.
The next step for the Director, Digital Success is a Senior Director level that is yet to be defined.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Interviews will be then setup with:
- Hiring manager, Director CS Operations
- Vice President of Customer Success
- Vice President of Field Operations
- Senior Director of Technical Account Management
- Stakeholder team member (i.e., Product, Marketing, Customer Success, etc.)
Additional details about our process can be found on our.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
Weresults, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, , frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.