Marketing Communications & Social Media Content Specialist
Location is FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX (Greenway Plaza)
*Remote opportunities are not available for this role.
FlightAware is looking for a talented, savvy individual to support our marketing communications efforts. As the largest provider of flight tracking and aviation data services around the globe, FlightAware is a fast-paced, well-regarded, high-growth company that provides great products and has a fascinating story to tell.
The Marketing Communications and Social Media Content Specialist will work with business/technical teams to develop compelling content that tells the FlightAware story. She/he will implement media and social media strategy. The successful candidate will be an adept storyteller who, through words and visuals, can communicate the business’ value propositions in an engaging and effective way.
- Manage all incoming media requests and attend to these in a timely manner.
- Streamline and manage outbound media advisories and correspondence coming from the same.
- Create and maintain robust social media calendar with an eye to best practices and latest trends.
- In collaboration with, sales, product, and design teams, develop content that resonates with our audiences and drives them to action. Content will be distributed via website copy, sales presentations, videos, brochures, white papers, testimonials, emails, newsletters, social media, digital ads, and more.
- Facilitate development and implementation of media strategy and manage media engagement. Build relationships with media, analysts and influencers that can help the company disseminate its messages. The strategy should encompass all media touchpoints – traditional/earned media, paid, social, and owned media.
- Contribute to the writing of press releases and manage the editorial calendar. Plan interviews and press conferences as opportunities arise.
- Document customer use cases and customer success stories.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand product goals, develop product messaging, and assist with product rollout.
- Collaborate with sales personnel to develop content for presentations and collateral.
- Collaborate with design and outside vendors to develop presentations and visuals that support the company brand, tell the company’s story, and describe the company’s products.
- Identify and execute opportunities for social media content. Join social media groups and professional platforms to discuss industry-related topics and gather intelligence.
- Create monthly media and social media KPI reports.
- Assist with the preparation for and management of tradeshows/events.
- Tell our story and promote our products during events as needed.
- 3+ years of demonstrated success in a Marketing Communications Specialist or similar role, preferably in a B2B technology or media environment
- Enthusiastic personality with exceptional oral communication skills, ability to adhere to a standard style guide and a willingness to engage with external parties
- Experience in writing, editing and proofreading content, ability to comprehend and communicate technical concepts concisely, ability to translate knowledge into powerful storytelling
- Ability to read a room and respond accordingly
- Knowledge of and experience with marketing technology and tools, MS Office
- Ability to work with outside partners and vendors as needed
- Understanding of business goals, ability to think strategically and tactically to maximize the value of marketing communications efforts
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work with a small team and wear multiple hats
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with other teams across the organization, and deliver services to those teams
- Good energy, good sense of humor, ability and willingness to take constructive feedback, ability to persevere with grace when required
- Aviation experience and/or enthusiasm is a big plus
High school diploma or equivalent, with some college and minimum of three years of job-related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Salary varies based on experience and background
- Eligibility for performance-based bonuses
- Matching 401(k)
- Company-paid employee medical, dental and basic life/AD&D insurance
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Marketing Communications & Social Media Content Specialist - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format. Please include a link to your portfolio and/or including avaialble writing samples.
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.