Senior Data Engineer
At Janus, we believe in a world where healthcare functions efficiently. Join us on our mission to improve the lives of administrative workers and fundamentally change the way work is done. Our team is building a world-class process improvement platform to help healthcare providers generate more cash with fewer resources.
Our Data Engineering team is committed to creating true, lasting value for our customers. They work closely with the Product and Customer Success teams as well as clients to build highly reliable and scalable data pipelines supporting our automation systems. Our Data Engineers use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems, creates algorithms, and conducts statistical analysis. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. If you have strong analytical skills, are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of ETL, and data pipelines
- SQL and database experience
- Knowledge of programming languages, Python specifically is a plus
- Experience with cloud environments, AWS specifically is a plus
- Experience with relational databases and models
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and complex problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- 100% Company Paid Medical for employee coverage & a generous contribution for dependent coverage.
- Unlimited PTO which is actually used! Take the time you need to be successful.
- Employee Stock Options because we are building something together and want to share in the value we create
- Work when and where you need with our flexible schedules and environments.
- Save for your retirement with a 401k plan
At Janus, we're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and communities. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't meet every requirement — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community.
We are the Shapers of CultureOur employees are our greatest asset, and we are passionate about creating strong culture with deep purpose. We are entrepreneurial and focused, yet humble, empathetic and inclusive. We value the individual and tackle problems as a team. The best idea wins, and teams celebrate together. We're remote-first, well-funded, and growing fast!
We pride ourselves on being true to ourselves and authentic. We stand on the following tenets:
- Ownership - everyone is a contributor and is empowered to drive improvement.
- Curiosity - playing and learning every day.
- Eagerness - demolishing barriers to building and innovating.
- Radical Transparency - openness in communication and decision making across the organization.
- Partnership over Profit - prioritizing long-term relationships.
- Humility - we strive to be team players, setting aside ego.
- Community - nurturing an environment where all employees and partners can thrive.
Our team is fun, innovative and willing to rollup our sleeves to help each other succeed in a fast-paced environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Janus Health Technologies, Inc. may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.