Overview: The Copywriter writes, proofreads and edits creative copy for digital, print and broadcast media. This includes developing and executing conceptual, emotional and brand-relevant copy for B2C and B2B content marketing initiatives across a wide range of channels and mediums, including copywriting for websites, social posts, digital advertising, videos, emails, brochures and events. The Copywriter is a member of the Content team, working under the direction of the Content Marketing Director to build brand affinity through integrated, emotive content. The ideal candidate will think conceptually and creatively, proposing copy that is relevant, inspiring and aligned with both marketing objectives and the target audience.
- Bringing excellent writing skills and in-house or advertising agency experience to every project and produce purpose-oriented, story-driven content.
- Interpreting project objectives and create emotional copy that is aligned with the broader brand narrative.
- Developing creative ideas and concepts, in partnership with the Content Marketing Director; presenting ideas; writing clear, persuasive, fresh and original copy.
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar and shepherding its review through proper channels and stakeholders.
- Revising and refreshing copy in response to feedback from the Marketing team and management.
- Coordinating updates and optimizing copy for channels and audiences with graphic designers, digital media and social media teammates.
- Overseeing connected copy initiatives from concept through the production stage to completion.
- Developing creative copy for social posts, websites, emails, brochures, digital advertising and video, including scripts, that help people solve a problem or feel the brand is championing their interests.
- Understanding the point of view of the customer – from employees to B2B and B2C – and optimizing copy for the greatest resonance and emotional impact with the target audience.
- Working on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines.
- Liaising designers and video teams directly.
- Updating and utilizing project management tools to deliver assignments on time and on task.
- Keeping up to date with popular culture and trends.
- Monitoring effectiveness of initiatives and sharing feedback with manager, stakeholders and teammates.
- Understanding of how to construct a story-driven narrative in every medium for every audience as they come.
- The ability to write good, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar within brand guidelines and a defined tone of voice.
- Ability to turn sometimes complex technical content into easily understood and engaging copy
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Logic, creativity and imagination.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work based on short- and long-term needs.
- Self-motivation, flexibility, stamina and the ability to adapt.
- Confidence, enthusiasm and determination.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- The resilience to accept constructive feedback of your work.
- Commercial awareness with the ability to understand the target audience.
- An interest in popular culture, new trends and styles.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Advertising; Communication or Media Studies; English; journalism; Public Relations or related area
- 7 years minimum experience in an in-house agency, advertising agency or related area with experience concepting and writing communications.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Other Duties: This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
[EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.]
Job Type: Full-time