Accounting Manager 🔥
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City with offices in Austin, Denver and Atlanta, and team members across the US, Orchard has over 800 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our growing Accounting Team. You will lead technical accounting research and help implement reporting processes and procedures for the Company's various product offerings. We're looking for a candidate who has strong analytical skills to prepare analyses and provide key takeaways for ad-hoc projects. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, attention to detail and be able to work in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
This is a full time remote role that will report into the Assistant Controller and we are open to candidates in Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
What You'll Do Here:
- The Accounting Manager is responsible for providing accounting guidance for complex and other non-routine business transactions such as: new product offerings, acquisitions/divestitures, impairment, investments, and equity transactions.
- Evaluate technical accounting implications for specific transactions, most notably evaluate new product offerings in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition standards (ASC 606)
- Prepare technical accounting memos and communicate results to senior-level management and external auditors acting as the go-to person for any follow ups or technical accounting questions
- Produce ad-hoc financial analyses and work with our Strategic Finance team to provide key insights for the business
- Oversee the accounting implementation of complex and non-routine transactions as well as supervise accounting staff with month-end close responsibilities
- Lead the preparation of the annual financial statements and provide accounting guidance for required disclosures while coordinating with external auditors
- Collaborate and work closely with cross functional departments including: Strategic Finance, Legal, Talent, Product, Marketing, and Operations
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in order to work towards a SOX compliant environment
We'd Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Revenue recognition research experience and strong knowledge of ASC 606
- Exceptional communication skills, including an ability to listen to the needs of the business, research and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and simplified manner, and present findings and recommendations in both oral and written presentations
- A proactive and creative approach and ability to create and maintain a balanced positive work environment
- Track record of working independently with limited required direction and guidance on simultaneous projects
- Strong attention to detail, time management, problem-solving, technical, and analytical skills
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.