Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting
The Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting is a key role in the Accounting and Finance department and will assist with the following: timely and accurate SEC reporting, technical accounting matters, external audit facilitation, and implementing and monitoring effective internal controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Will provide assistance in preparing quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Will communicate and monitor requests from the accounting and finance department and assist in formatting into an external reporting format.
- Will assist in preparing supporting files for external auditors.
- Will assist in preparing technical accounting memos related to new accounting standards and significant events/transactions within the company.
- Will assist in reporting on key internal metrics, with a reconciliation/comparison to externally reported Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) metrics where needed.
- Will assist with technical accounting items within month-end close (accounting for derivatives, debt activity, equity activity, intercompany, and related party items).
- Will assist in the design, implementation, and monitoring of internal controls, and will help implement internal control remediation plans where needed.
- Will use systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Will follow and maintain policy and procedures documentation.
- Will assist in the development of accounting and financial reporting policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting field
- Experience with external reporting
- Intermediate or Better Excel Skills including advance formulas and pivot tables
- Good Ethical Conduct.
- Performs tasks with minimal supervision with reliability in checking own work for accuracy
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Comfortable training coworkers and providing on the job training
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Public Accounting experience
- Public / SEC reporting experience
No Supervisory Responsibilities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also a Drug Free Workplace. Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.