At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is seeking an Assistant Controller for its Transformer Service organization. The role will be focused on accurate forecasting, P&L management, process improvements, and cash flow management. This role will provide support and serve as a Consultant and Advisor to the LPG Controller. This position can be home-based (remote) and will require up to 25% domestic travel.
- Assure compliance and enforcement of BUU specific finance directives and instructions, including the Group Accounting and Reporting Guidelines, including proper risk management procedures
- Support project management and shared services teams to reduce AR overdues and improve net working capital
- Review routine actual cost vs plan on a project-by-project basis
- Support the LPG in financial analysis and forecasting to provide management information, then follow with direct actions and provide tools that facilitate implementation of actions to achieve performances as planned
- Assist with system (ERP support system) utilization and enhancements
- Track key performance indicators (KPIs), and assure implementation and use to improve business performance
- Assure proper financial reporting as required for the business
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting/finance or related field is required and a minimum of 1- 3 years or more of finance/accounting operational experience (or equivalent) in multi-function units or multinational company.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- MBA or Master of Accountancy is preferred; working towards Professional certifications such as CPA, CMA and/or CPIM are also preferred
- The complex financial and related responsibilities of this position require exceptional analytical, decision making and planning skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. This position requires regular communication with local management
- Proven ability to work at a high degree of teamwork and group synergy
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SAP, Excel, and PowerPoint. Use of Excel should include V-lookup, sensitivity analysis, macros, external source data links, and pivot tables
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
Location Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Job type Full-Time
Type of role Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)