Vp, Finance and Strategy
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
*MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application process*
MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. MotorTrend Group, a Warner Bros. Discovery company, is the largest automotive media company in the world, bringing together MotorTrend TV and a vast automotive digital, direct-to-consumer, social, and live event portfolio, including MOTORTREND, HOT ROD, ROADKILL, AUTOMOBILE and more than 20 other industry-leading brands. With a monthly audience of 26 million across web, TV and print, and 110 million social followers, culminating in 1.3 billion monthly impressions across all platforms, MotorTrend Group encompasses television's #1 network for automotive fans, a leading automotive YouTube Channel and MotorTrend+, the only subscription streaming service dedicated entirely to the motoring world. MotorTrend Group serves to embrace, entertain and empower the motoring world.
An institution in the automotive industry, we have been delivering premium content, in depth analysis, and culturally relevant material since 1949. We celebrate our heritage, while boldly looking to the future — reimagining motor entertainment for a broader, more diverse audience. MotorTrend Group has remained ahead of the automotive world and developed the single most relevant resource for any auto enthusiast and in-market shopper.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The VP of Finance and Strategy works within the Finance group to provide support to the CFO and Head of Finance, BI and Strategy to direct the fiscal operations and inform strategic decisions of the Company. This includes providing clear concise financial information, strategic and tactical inputs to the MotorTrend Executive team and business leaders
The position is responsible for mentoring a high performing finance and strategy team to deliver proactive and actionable insights to the Head of Finance including, creating strategy decks or go to market decks for potential M&A activity
You will love working here if you are a self-starter, like a dynamic business environment, like creating strategy decks and enjoy working with a young but extremely talented finance/BI team to influence the strategic vision of the Company.
You will not like working here if you need a work week that's predictable or do not prefer change management or if helping a team re-evaluate work processes to adapt to the ever changing media landscape is not your thing. The role is a hybrid role i.e. as needed days in the office however, the candidate should be local to facilitate days in the office
- Serve as the point person for all external and internal reporting requirements
- Identify areas of improvement in the business by working in tandem with the VP, BI and Analytics by reviewing weekly/monthly performance of content, marketing campaigns and product performance
- Work with key stakeholders in the ad sales teams to ensure current performance is in line with strategy
- Lead and execute strategies needed to remain competitive in the ad sales business
- Ensure that financial forecasts/budgets and long-range plans reflect the Company's performance and strategic vison
- Create financial decks to report financial and operational performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Mentor the team to evolve their skill sets from tactical doers to critical thinkers
- Work with the CFO to create pitch decks for new business opportunities including buying and selling of assets and/or M&A activity.
- Lead the content greenlight process and establish best practices for assessing value of content library
- Determine the ROI of new initiatives and expansion plans
- Assist the CFO in creating board decks and external stakeholder reporting
- Partner with the BI and Data Engineering team to identify areas of opportunity to effectively combine data from disparate sources. Connect to and transform data using a consistent, sustainable approach
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 7+ years in the media business or with DTC products as a senior level finance person. Either a Finance MBA or CPA required
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and develop a finance and strategy team in a dynamic environment.
- Hand on experience with creating strategy/pitch decks
- Experience and deep understanding of the budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning process
- Presenting key initiatives, strategy to senior level executives
- Expert level knowledge of power point and excel
NOTE: This position description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
*A warning about recruitment scams*
Unscrupulous individuals sometimes pose as MotorTrend Group recruiters and mislead jobseekers into providing sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers) or paying fees as a condition of submitting an application to MotorTrend Group or obtaining a job at MotorTrend Group. These individuals or entities posing as recruiters are not affiliated with MotorTrend Group and do not act on behalf of MotorTrend Group. Always utilize the MotorTrend Group Careers page https://boards.greenhouse.io/motortrendgroup to find available openings and whenever submitting a job application to MotorTrend Group, and know that MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application.