Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective's technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We're backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google's Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role:
The Controller will report directly to the VP Finance and play a key role in building a best-in-class finance team at Collective. The Controller will oversee the global accounting function; managing day-to-day accounting operations, financial reporting, and the continual development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Provide strategic and day-to-day management of the accounting function, owning all accounting operations (financial reporting, procure-to-pay, quote-to-cash, etc.) and month-end close activities.
- Own the delivery of the Monthly Financial Reporting Package to the executive team; helping to inform the strategic decisions across the company.
- Deliver insight into actual results against the annual plan, forecasts and historical trends.
- Provide leadership and vision for scaling the finance team, processes, and technology; evaluating opportunities to drive automation and reduce risk.
- Develop and document accounting processes and policies to strengthen internal controls, help scale the accounting function, and provide cross-functional visibility into financial performance.
- Apply technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with and efficient application of U.S. GAAP.
- Partner across the org and with 3rd party service providers to ensure adherence with domestic and international compliance requirements.
What we want you to bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or equivalent); CPA highly preferred.
- 5+ years experience as a senior-level accounting leader in a high-growth, SaaS business.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity.
- Experience in a high-growth company establishing accounting processes and technology.
What we offer in return
- A remote first environment.
- A diverse and collaborative team culture.
- Competitive salary and stock options package.
- 11 company holidays + unlimited PTO.
- Employer paid Health, Vision and Dental Insurance.
- 100% coverage for employees
- 75% coverage for dependents
- PC or Mac laptop + $750 Home office stipend.
- Paid parental leave.
- Team events and virtual gatherings.
- $600 wellness bonus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don't just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you're good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.