About the Role Heyday is looking for an Accountant to assist the Accounting team with franchise accounting, month end close, payroll, and financial reporting. The day-to-day of this role will evolve as the company and team grows. This is a remote role.
What You'll Do
- Manage the accounts payable process by ensuring:
- Bills are received, coded, and approved in a timely fashion and according to departmental procedures
- Reconciliation between Bill.com and NetSuite is performed at least 2x monthly and any discrepancies are investigated and resolved
- Accounting inbox is managed daily and all vendor questions are answered in a timely fashion
- Process payroll bi-weekly and with 100% accuracy
- Record bank activity in the accounting system and perform reconciliations monthly
- Track and record period-end expense accruals and prepare the monthly accrued expense reconciliation
- Maintain the fixed asset records and record depreciation on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly sales tax filings
- Prepare bi-weekly workers compensation filings and record the payments in the accounting system
- Record monthly revenue in the accounting system and perform reconciliations between accounting and POS systems
- Perform other month-end tasks as required and in accordance with closing deadlines
The Ideal Candidate
- 2-3 Years of accounting experience. Bonus points if you’ve worked in the retail industry or a large-scale franchising business.
- Experience performing month end close and account reconciliation and analysis.
- Experience processing payroll with a large hourly workforce.
- Familiarity with NetSuite ERP and ADP.
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to sort through large data files.
- You are analytical. You can break complex problems down to their constituent parts.
- You can see the forest through the trees. You are excited for the vision of where Heyday is going and to help the team achieve that goal.
- You are accountable. You are results-oriented and like to make things happen.
- You love to get down and dirty with the data. You are not afraid to jump into the details to find the root cause and offer solutions.
- You are an awesome communicator. You thrive in a team environment and love communicating across functions to create financial excellence.
- You have a high degree of comfort with accounting & systems.
- You thrive in change. You are entrepreneurial in spirit with a passion for disruption. You are flexible and able to adjust and change direction as the business environment and accounting universe evolves and changes
- You love being a part of a team, and people love to work with you.
- You’re interested in skincare, self-care, and wellness. You don’t have to be a guru, but passion for the category and can understand the customer mindset around skincare and self-care
Benefits Highlights At Heyday, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off (every employee needs time to rest, recharge, and pivot the mind)
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision & FSA Benefits (for you & available for dependents)
- Discounted Facials & Skincare Products (staff facials at $5, products at 35% off, and discounts for family & friends)
- Paid Parental Leave (for any parents, with a flexible return-to-work program)
Heyday is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.