Bucket Listers in the go-to destination to inspire experiences. Our loyal community of explorers turns to us for inspiration, local exploration and to book unique experiences.
We've set out to do great things and we're looking for passionate team members to join us on our mission. We're explorers ourselves who are passionate about spreading positivity and providing inspiration for people to experience the world together.
Bucket Listers business is growing and we are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Finance Team. As our opportunities grow, as do our operational expenses and collections. We are looking for someone to support our Director of Finance by owning our Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes.
In this role, you will be a strong collaborator to our internal teams as well as our external partners and vendors. Communication, timeliness and relationship management will be key! (Along with your accounting prowess, of course!).
This is a remote position and will report directly to our Director of Finance (located in the Central Timezone).
Within your first 30 days, you will:
- Learn about Bucket Listers mission, vision and values.
- Dive into our business model(s) and learn about our different departments and revenue streams.
- Shadow our Director of Finance to learn more about our current financial processes.
Within your first 3-6 months, you will:
- Own the Accounts Payable function; helping to set up new partners on our payment platform and process payments.
- Own the Accounts Receivable function; preparing invoices, sending collections emails and partner communication.
- Support with end of month close; reconciling bank accounts, credit cards and month end journal entries.
- Communicate with partners regarding payments and collections.
- Build positive relationships with your internal partners across Business Development and Bucket Listers Presents (among other internal stakeholders).
Within your first year, you will:
- Assist the Director of Finance improve and streamline our financial processes.
- Build positive relationships with your internal cross-functional partners.
- Support our team as we transition from Cash to Accrual Accounting.
Experience and skills that will set you up for success:
- A background and/or degree in Accounting.
- Previous experience owning Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Month End processes.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to build and improve financial processes.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- A true passion for exploration and the Bucket Listers mission!
Bucket Listers is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team.