Freelance Ux/ui Designer
UX and UI design for an audio-centric self-study app
- A Course in Miracles (ACIM) is a self-study spiritual discipline studied by 1,000,000+ students worldwide.
- Originally a print book, we are now increasing our efforts to bring this timeless teaching into modern forms.
- We recently launched a text-centric web version of ACIM. (https://acim.org/acim/lesson-107/truth-will-correct-all-errors-in-my-mind/en/s/511)
- For mobile, we want to provide an audio-centric study app for A Course in Miracles (Android, iOS)
- Goals: Facilitate studying on the go, complement the print and web reading experiences, fun to use
- Initial ideas include: Searchable audiobook, visually inspiring quotes, audio-text synchronization, seeing your study progress, and more
- There is a lot of creative freedom while you work in close cooperation with our team.
- Core features are validated through user interviews
- Validated UX concept: Use cases, personas, value proposition, etc.
- Beautiful and implementation-ready UI mockups (e.g. Figma/XD)
- Update of the existing web style guide for mobile apps
- Time: Starting in Q4 and going through Q1 (aka 3-6 months)
- Budget: We are a non-profit, but there is a 5-figure budget for this project
- Location: We are fully remote, so you can work from anywhere
- Time Zones: Relevant time zones are PST (Los Angeles) and CET (Paris)
- You are an experienced UX/UI Designer
- You have prior experience in mobile app design
- You honor systems understanding (broader awareness of related items and integrations)
- You get things done without hand-holding – while at the same time not running rogue
- Since 1975, our mission has been to publish, distribute and discuss A Course in Miracles
- We are a California-based non-profit organization
- Our product development team is small and enthusiastic and professional – you’ll love it : )
- Monday to Friday
- Mobile applications: 1 year (Required)
- UX: 1 year (Required)
- Visual design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Usability: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote