Are you passionate about design with a desire to help improve people’s lives? As a Graphic Designer, you will create and design products to support health communications and education programs. You will collaborate with copywriters, digital strategists, and subject matter experts, utilizing knowledge of creative development for a variety of channels including digital, print, social, environmental, and broadcast. The Graphic Designer delivers breakthrough ideas for our clients through visual and conceptual insights.
What will you be engaged in day-to-day?
- Performing technical design work and being responsible for elements of products or campaigns including print, digital, video, and motion graphics.
- Designing and developing concepts and designs for inspiring marketing materials.
- Formulating concepts and rendering illustration and detail from models, sketches, memory, written or verbal instructions, and imagination.
- Utilizing graphic design principles and best practices.
- Determining the style, technique, and medium best suited to produce products that resonate with the intended audience.
- Working with outside printing vendors to ensure quality, verify print specifications, and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Working well with others and handling day-to-day situations with an acceptable, reasonable approach.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What qualifications will help you succeed?
- BSc/BA degree in design, visual arts or a related field of study, or the equivalent education and a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of fundamental design principles and demonstrated success applying these principles in real-world products.
- A personal portfolio of results-driven work that demonstrates knowledge of best practices and industry trends in creative and data driven marketing, and how your work drives insights and creative communications strategies.
- Expertise in digital execution, excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Competency in essential software and related hardware. Specifically, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Cloud – particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and Acrobat. Additionally, experience with digital photography and videography, as well as post-production, is desired.
What qualifications will put you at the top?
- Skill operating still photo and video cameras. Ability to perform post-production for videos and still photos.
- Knowledge of web accessibility issues, especially 508 compliance, and WCAG 2.0.
- Experience delivering design presentations to senior management.
- Experience designing data visualizations and infographics.
- Front-end web design experience including User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) principles and practice.
- Experience with animation using AfterEffects, Blender, or other programs.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran, including all protected veterans, or status as a disabled individual, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please refer to our Applicants Rights under Federal Employment Law Section on our main Careers page.