Wonderful Agency is the full-service, award winning, in-house agency that operates as exclusive creator of marketing communications and brand experiences for such iconic brands as FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds, Wonderful Halos, JUSTIN, JNSQ, Landmark Wines, Lewis Cellars, Teleflora, and more.
We are seeking a Backend Engineer to help grow our data services and server application development. We are a collaborative team who is very invested in technology and each other's success and growth. This is a great opportunity to expand your skill set while helping others expand theirs.
- Design service architectures to support e-commerce, data, and other business needs
- Instrument, debug, and optimize container-based services for performance and stability
- Create and maintain Kubernetes deployments
- Perform efficient, large scale data ingestion, munging, and storage
- Maintain robust and clear documentation
- Create and maintain unit, integration, and load tests
- Participate in code reviews, system designs, implementation decisions, performance optimization, and overall best practices
- Work with third parties to integrate systems
- Continue learning and share current and emerging web, database, online services, and other relevant technology trends
- Expert level knowledge with:
o Python 3
o Python web framework such as Django or FastAPI
- Strong Experience in:
o Server infrastructure and security protocols
o Exposing services using REST, Pub/Sub, and WebSockets
o Relational databases such as PostgreSQL
o Cloud provider such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
o Understanding of internet architectures and protocols
- Experience with:
o Big data workflows and tools
o Deploying applications on Kubernetes
o Git and Git-flow
- Experience working with the following is a plus:
o Asyncio or other async platforms in Python
o Big Query, Pandas, and Dataflow
o Data pipelines using tools such as Apache Airflow and Beam
- Demonstrable knowledge of command-line Linux tools and shell scripting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 5+ years of equivalent experience
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless the candidate has a legally valid exemption
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on health and wellness including WonderfulNow, a robust suite of company wellness offerings focused on supporting our employees
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America’s No. 1 tree nut and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world’s leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back at its core. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $1 billion invested in environmental sustainability; $65 million in charitable giving, education initiatives, and innovative health and wellness programs each year; and $143 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information