Fullstack Java Developer
Norfolk Southern Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, seeks an energetic problem solver with proficiency in web application development, specifically with React framework, Java, relational databases, and object-oriented design principles. This applicant must be highly motivated to meet project deadlines and technology challenges. The qualified candidate will join a mission critical and dynamic development team working on Norfolk Southern’s customer portal.
4-yr College Degree required in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Deliver innovative, engaging web applications using the latest software technologies
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while working in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate closely with the Product Owners / Scrum Masters/ Development teams and Stakeholders
- Work with outside vendors and external teams to collect and confirm business and technical requirements
- Identify design problems and devise solid technical solutions
- Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to best practices and coding standards
- Thoroughly understand the requirements and ability to develop detailed software designs
- Continuously improve and enforce best practices, coding, and UI/UX standards
- Conduct system wide requirement analysis and work effort estimations
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly task reports
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior developers
- Provide weekly on-call support
- 4+ years of work experience with Java and React technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Java, including data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures.
- Deep understanding of React framework vesion 15 or newer.
- Experience with data modeling and database programming skills (MS SQL Server).
- Familiarity with infrastructure systems (servers, systems administration, and UNIX/Linux scripting skills) a plus.
- Understanding of networks, firewalls, load balancers and concepts with the ability to provide requirements to infrastructure team as well as provide troubleshooting assistance.
- Working experience with agile methodologies (Scrum).
- Working experience with UML and design patterns.
- Working knowledge of continuous integration tools: Jenkins, Nexus, JUnit, SonarQube, Maven, Gradle, Ant, SVN, GIT.
- Working experience with RedHat OpenShift or compatible container environment.
- Working knowledge with Tricentis – Tosca (test automation).
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Desire to work in an information systems environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented. Ability to troubleshoot issues and provide solutions.
- Shows initiative and goes above and beyond to assist others as needed.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to lead initiatives and drive efficiency.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Location: Midtown Atlanta, in our new campus located at 650 W Peachtree ST NW, Atlanta, GA 30308 – across the street from the North Avenue MARTA Train Station.
Remote Work Policy: NS allows for full remote work as dictated by business needs.