Service Pros is seeking a Software Developer with experience with API Development and React to join our team in Charlotte, NC. We are looking for an engineer that enjoys building great products that are performant and maintainable while balancing the requirements of the business. You will be working with the business/operational team in providing advice and guidance, determining our ability to execute desired system changes and monitoring emerging trends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with team to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Develops, configures, or modifies complex integrated business and/or application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages.
- Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Validates and executes component integration test (CIT) scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications.
- Manage application enhancements to improve business performance.
- Good verbal/written communication skills are necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR 1-4 years of industry-related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- One or more years of demonstrated programming capability in a high-level programming language such as Ruby, Python, Java, C# or another language
- Experience in the following is a plus:
- API development and integration- Ruby on Rails- Designing and developing automation scripts (Python, Ruby, Bash, RSPEC, Groovy etc.)- Database Management- Design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented application/systems- Realizing applications from conception and design to implementation and support- Analysis, design and programming- Software testing- Git or another VCS- Cloud platforms such as AWS