Ecornell Marketing Designer
As part of the university's comprehensive vaccination program, all Cornell employees are required to have and provide proof of an FDA-or WHO-authorized or approved COVID-19 primary vaccination or have obtained a university-approved disability/medical or religious exemption, regardless of their role and work location. New hires are required to provide documentation showing primary vaccination status (that is, completion of two shots of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or one shot of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson) before their first day of work. If a new hire's vaccination is not complete or information is not received by their start date, the first day of work will be delayed. It is possible in some cases that an offer of employment may be withdrawn. For additional information on Cornell’s Vaccination Compliance Program click here.
Remote position This position is based in Ithaca, New York, however, the successful applicant may perform this role remotely anywhere within the United States. The New York Convenience of employer guidelines require New York State individual tax reporting and withholdings for this position. Additional individual state income tax filings may also be required if working temporarily outside New York State. Department Summary: As Cornell University’s online learning unit, eCornell delivers online professional certificate courses to individuals and organizations around the world. Courses are personally developed by Cornell faculty with expertise in a wide range of topics, including data analytics, management, marketing, human resources, leadership, and STEM. Students learn in an interactive, small cohort format to gain skills they can immediately apply in their organizations, while earning a professional certificate from Cornell University. eCornell has offered online learning courses and certificate programs for 15 years to over 130,000 students at more than 2,000 companies. Position Summary: Applicants must provide a link in their cover letter to a portfolio or collection of design/work samples. Applicants that don’t provide work samples, will not be considered. The Designer will have exceptional graphic design credentials and experience in organizing content optimally in print, digital, and multimedia formats. They will have experience weaving together visuals and copy to create engaging stories and content and be very familiar with social media formats and multimedia creation. Job duties will vary day-to-day and include working collaboratively with stakeholders and partners to produce digital and print creative for all marketing channels from concept through stakeholder approval and completion. The aptitude to operate in an agile environment with multiple conflicting needs while being proactive and possessing a receptive attitude, where no task is too big or too small, is essential to the position. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to all marketing functions in a rapidly expanding organization. What you will do:
- Create and oversee design assets for product launches
- Design marketing communications and emails
- Create digital and print designs. Occasionally, provide feedback to interns and colleagues on design materials.
- Work with the internal paid media team to conceptualize graphics for paid ads and execute on ideas to create digital ads according to specs.
- Create digital and print materials for teams and external clients– including flyers, outdoor media, case studies, etc.
- Concept creative for social media posts and campaigns
- Source images to illustrate concepts, editing fliers, etc.
- Work with partners in other colleges at Cornell to create digital and print design assets to promote programs– including welcome brochures, case studies, infographics, etc.
- Publish digital content across platforms including WordPress and other content management systems
- Oversee the process for creating, editing, and publishing a large quantity of accessible flyers and the production of other design assets. Includes training interns, and providing feedback and assistance to ensure projects are completed on time and meet the latest accessibility standards.
- Guide design production work by training interns/staff
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a marketing, communications, or design-related function
- 2+ years of professional experience in a design or marketing-related position.
- Experience with print and digital graphic design software such as Canva and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong examples of successful social media design work for other brands and/or personal social media presence that can demonstrate capability in this area.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional creative concepting and graphic design skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, switch gears quickly, and juggle competing priorities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Deep understanding of current social and digital technologies and trends.
- Driven, self-motivated mindset - ability to do great work independently with minimal direction as well as collaborate closely with teams.
- Proactive problem-solving ability and ability to leverage skills of other team members across departments to get to a solution.
- Ability to work well within a virtual team, where fast, thorough, responsive communication is critical.
- Experience creating multimedia pieces and motion graphics using software including Adobe After Effects
- Experience editing video with Adobe Premier or other software
- Avid social media user; someone who not only understands it, but enjoys it
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic group of people in a high-growth organization where employee development is promoted.
- A broad set of competitive benefits under the Endowed program, including educational opportunities, access to virtual wellness programs, health care options, 3 weeks of paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, and superior retirement contributions. https://hr.cornell.edu/benefits-pay
University Job Title: Communication Spec II Job Family: Communications/Marketing Level: E Pay Rate Type: Salary Pay Range: $57,137.00 - $66,403.00 Company: Endowed Contact Name: Freddie Salley Number of Openings: 1 Job Titles and Pay Ranges: Noted pay ranges reflect the potential pay opportunity for each job profile. The hiring rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined considering the following criteria:
- Prior relevant work or industry experience.
- Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
- Unique applicable skills.