Senior Product Designer 🔥
Imagine if K-12 education was designed for all students to develop lives of meaning and purpose? In 2015 Wayfinder was founded at the Stanford d.school to answer this call. Our goal is to double our impact each year for the coming years. Our vision is to become the preeminent SEL curriculum company in the world - leading the global movement of purpose, meaning, and belonging-based education world wide.
What We Value
You will be joining a team of incredibly motivated and dedicated staff members that are committed to living the values of our organization. We have a close culture where team members get to know one another and work collaboratively across teams. We also feel and act like a purpose-driven organization. To the best of our abilities, each person’s role aligns with their own sense of purpose, which feeds into the organization’s larger sense of purpose.
Read this article by our Founder about our workplace culture in Conscious Company.
We also value access, equity, diversity, and belonging. This is represented primarily in three ways: our product, our staff, and our schools.
Product: We have intentionally developed our curriculum to be able to cross national, racial, and socio-economic boundaries. During the process of curriculum development, we have had over 30 educators work on and develop the curriculum from a variety of backgrounds.
Team: Our team is composed of people from a diverse range of backgrounds and life experience. We intentionally recruit, hire, and work with people from diverse identities + experiences.
School Partners: We intentionally target a wide array of educational partners, from traditional to non-traditional, that work with a range of students from different socioeconomic groups: we have taught our curriculum in low income schools in the Bronx, independent schools in Silicon Valley, and after-school programs in San Antonio.
Learn more: Wayfinder Team + School Partners
Wayfinder is looking for a Senior Product Designer to lead design efforts on our web app. The Senior Product Designer will play an integral part in the design department’s effort to create the world’s leading social emotional learning products.
Our ideal candidate has at least 5-7 years of experience designing digital products. They are experienced with all stages of the design process from concept to delivery, and hold a deep understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
The role reports to the VP of Design.
We strongly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented populations in tech - such as women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people, etc - to apply!
- Understand customer and user needs through direct engagement and analytics.
- Translate concepts and technical requirements for new features into sketches, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that prioritize intuitive user experience and business goals.
- Continuously review our current application and propose changes that improve the user experience.
- Define, manage, and execute research and prototyping needs related to product development.
- Document and communicate research findings to internal stakeholders.
- Design modern, delightful, and intuitive user interfaces that align to existing brand guidelines, design systems, and design patterns.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, content experts, and researchers from discovery to delivery.
- Contribute to the maintenance and standardization of our component library.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrated experience with UI and UX design.
- A strong portfolio of case studies and relevant work samples.
- Proficiency with Figma.
- A track-record of working with designers, engineers, and content experts to create coherent and intuitive user experiences.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision and willing to receive feedback/guidance.
- Experience leading design research projects, usability studies, and customer engagements.
- Experience working directly with customers/stakeholders and interpreting their feedback.
- Outstanding time-management skills and experience working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to articulate ideas verbally as well as through written analysis, sketches, and prototypes.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a bias towards action.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in graphic design, interaction design, product design, software engineering, user experience, or a related discipline.
- Experience with educational technology and/or a startup environment.
We offer a competitive package that is based on location and experience. We also offer the following benefits:
- + Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- + 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- + Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- + Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- + Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision policies.
- + Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- + Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreat, and celebrations.
- + Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- + Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- + Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
- + ...And much more! Lots of other perks make this company an incredible place to work.
This role is remote, but requires you to be available for calls for at least 4 hours between 9am-5pm US Eastern Time. As such this role can be anywhere where you can commit to working half the day to overlap with that timezone, and will not require relocation once COVID is over.