Sr. Principal, Product Designer 🔥
Ingram Micro is the business behind the world's brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world's largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you'll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let's shape tomorrow - it'll be a fun journey!
We are looking for a Sr. Principal Product Designer to join our team and help build the next generation digital platform used by global customers every day. You will have a direct impact on transforming a $50 billion company and 200,000+ businesses that transact with us by designing best-in-class user experiences.
We are a global, distributed team of product managers, designers and engineers unified by the passion to build data-informed, connected, and intuitive experiences at scale. Together, we bring a wealth of experience from industry, startups, and leading technology companies to collectively raise the bar and deliver high quality solutions at massive scale.
As a Sr. Principal Product Designer, you will partner with engineering, product management, and business leaders to deliver high quality designs that get the customer's job done and deliver positive business outcomes, while ensuring consistency across the platform.
You will use your creative superpowers to produce and re-use, UX and visual paradigms to help our users make data-driven decisions quicker and deliver an intuitive experience across multiple personas in complex scenarios.
You have relentlessly high standards and are never satisfied with the status quo. If you are ready to make a difference to Ingram Micro and its customers, and if you want huge challenges to tackle, we would love to talk to you!
In this role, you will:
- Take ownership and define an entire category of Experiences
- Present and defend your solutions in front of executives
- Interview high-profile customers to identify critical business drivers and needs
- Lead end-to-end feature design and create amazing user experiences that delight customers
- Use existing Design System components as well as develop new ones to deliver the best possible user experience
- Rapidly visualize, prototype, explore multiple product directions and validate hypotheses - understanding the business and technical impact of your directions
- Apply your deep understanding of UX best practices to drive innovation in your products
- Coach and mentor other designers on the team and provide creative/product direction
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Content, and Marketing to deliver a cohesive experience across all channels
- Contribute to building out practices and culture across the design organization
- Lead user research projects by employing different techniques (e.g., user studies, surveys, usability tests, A/B tests)
What you bring to the role:
- A Bachelor's degree in or related to design, UX, UI, graphic design, product development, digital marketing, human computer interaction, or other disciplines. MBA or Master's is a plus
- 12+ years of UX/UI or product design experience with proven ability to translate business and user problems into understandable solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design skills, trends, and disciplines as well as high attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD and ability to work across multiple levels of fidelity
- Experience working with Agile and/or Lean UX environments
- Experience being part of, or leading user research studies, surveys, usage & behavioral data analysis
- Strong business acumen with well-rounded presentation skills and verbal and written communication
- Strong portfolio displaying world-class design work showing how you were able to get clarity where there was ambiguity
- Experience working on complex, B2B SaaS products
- Experience working in complex team
- Lead the design and delivery of a Design System
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro's COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not - and will not - tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.