Marketing & Sales Assistant 🔥
TMB (Trusted Media Brands) is the world's leading community-driven entertainment company. Our portfolio of leading brands that includes FailArmy, Family Handyman, People Are Awesome, Reader’s Digest, Taste of Home, The Healthy, The Pet Collective, and Birds and Blooms, is powered by content that’s inspired and created by our fans. Engaging more than 200 million consumers worldwide, our content — available across streaming TV, social media, web, and print — sparks curiosity, fuels laughter, and inspires people to live big, full, fantastic lives. Learn more about our brands, our data-driven marketing solutions, our award-winning licensing services, and much more at www.tmbi.com.
About the role:
TMB is looking for Marketing/Sales Assistant to join our dynamic team in support of our marketing and sales efforts. You will excel with a wide range of administrative, organizational and project management-based responsibilities. We’re a large company with a start-up culture and are experiencing exciting growth. You will have a hands-on experience learning about advertising and marketing in a dynamic organization. This role reports dually to our Eastern Sales Director and VP, Marketing.
Currently we are all working successfully at home and occasionally meet IRL in our midtown NYC office.
You will leverage your strong communication and organization skills to collaborate with our internal teams as well as clients in support of our marketing and sales efforts. You are a growth-oriented, positive self-starter that wants to learn our business. You are an expert in calendar and meeting management for our internal and client contacts.
Your day-day: (aka Responsibilities)
You will have exposure to both Sales and Marketing in this role, with responsibilities across both key teams within TMB.
You will be responsible for administrative tasks including:
- Expenses, scheduling, and event planning
- You will work closely with our sales and marketing team assisting with the preparation of RFP’s, sales proposals and marketing presentations - This will include researching prospects and gathering competitive insights
- You will manage the prospecting/customer database and maintain the comp list, advertiser and general mailings
- You are the owner of our weekly sales meeting ensuring materials are ready for presentation
- You will assist with marketing materials including but not limited to capabilities slides, one sheets, and turnkey marketing proposals as well as lead updates for all Media Kits and client-facing editorial calendars for all brands
- You will manage promotional listings in-book and online across key titles and work with the post-sale team on activations such as setting up mocks or previews for client approval
- You will own execution of Native Articles, one of our most-sold digital products, in partnership with the Marketing Activation team – with an opportunity to participate in larger campaign creation over time
You have: (aka Qualifications)
- You are someone who can manage multiple deadlines and changing priorities/tasks with a strong passion to learn about digital advertising sales and marketing
- You possess a college degree or equivalent and/or related business experience in a sales and or marketing environment
- You are a self starter who possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office and PowerPoint
About this team:
It’s an incredibly exciting time at TMB as we look to further solidify our position in the marketplace as a premier destination for community-driven lifestyle and entertainment content. Sales and Marketing work together to drive preference among the media community, build breakthrough programs to engage our audience, and drive revenue. We’re a collaborative team with close relationships with our counterparts in sales, data, insights, editorial (among others), and we are driven by the prospect of the next great, big, idea (and deal!).
We value our people and offer a collaborative and engaging culture. As a Trusted Media Brands employee, you will enjoy work/life balance, generous time off and comprehensive benefits and programs. Learn more about what life is like working at Trusted Media Brands at https://www.trustedmediabrands.com/careers/.
Trusted Media Brands embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- You will be responsible for administrative tasks including: