Senior Software Engineer 🔥
Uplift’s mission is to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds of leading technology and financial brands. Our HQ is in Sunnyvale, CA with offices in Toronto, New York, Reno, and Guadalajara, Mexico.
Working at Uplift allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Uplift’s engineering team presents many interesting challenges and opportunities for designing and architecting complex systems. Our Core engineering teams at Uplift are responsible for lending, identity, offer generation, servicing, and capital management within the greater organization. You and your team will work on high-stakes engineering challenges that will shape the future of Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL). These backend-focused teams heavily rely on internal and external micro-services, event-driven architecture, SQL and No-SQL databases, as well as a range of other AWS products and services. We believe in rapidly deployed yet continuously tested code and strive to push the boundaries. Help us scale a global infrastructure supporting countless merchants, integrating various product’s services, and at the end of the day create a seamless user experience for our customers.
What you will do and achieve
- Participate in multiple backend projects as well as help out in other areas of software development, including tooling, devops and analytics
- Develop scalable services using serverless architecture
- Participate in design and code reviews – learn from, and teach, your peers
- Be involved in choosing new technologies and tooling for our stack
Who you are
- 5+ years of software development experience
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, CS, or equivalent, Master’s degree a plus
- Experience in developing web services, REST, Microservices (Lambda), and databases (DynamoDB is a plus)
- Proficient coding in Python
- Experience developing in a cloud service environment (AWS)
- Build readable, with good test coverage, production level code and reusable libraries
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with the desire to go deep into the details
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
Life at Uplift
- Health Insurance and 401k plan: some plans cover 99-100% premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance and a 401k plan
- Work/Life Harmony:Flexible, remote-first work culture. Uplift fosters a culture where employees can achieve both their professional and personal goals. This balance is especially true for our working parents
- Shared Success:competitive salary and Pre-IPO stock options
- Health and Wellness Perks: Uplift is proud to reimburse our employees for exercise, wellness products and activities as well as free counseling and coaching for physical, mental and emotional support
- Professional Development:We are committed to the growth and development of all of our employees. Uplift invests in professional conferences, certifications, and training for employees who want to grow in their careers
- Pick-A-Perk:money that can go towards something of your choosing within tuition reimbursement, student loan payment reimbursement, vacation savings account, charitable donations, or home office expenses
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience BNPL as we are — and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Uplift is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.