Technical Project Manager 🔥
Uplift’s mission is to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds of leading technology and financial brands. Our HQ is in Sunnyvale, CA with offices in Toronto, New York, Reno, and Guadalajara, Mexico.
Working at Uplift allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
As a Junior Technical Project Manager, you will manage the development process to successfully launch projects into production. You will also work with product managers and engineering leads to facilitate conversations both within and outside of the development teams to ensure all requirements are completed and the final product aligns with project goals and roadmap priorities.
What you will do and achieve
- Coordinate and lead development across engineering teams
- Organize stand-ups, development planning, release planning, and retrospectives
- Support task breakdown and development estimation, track and optimize velocity and commitments
- Clearly identify ownership for specific deliverables
- Monitor team activity and report project progress and team status
- Drive development impediments to quick resolutions among stakeholders and clearly communicate outcomes
- Partner with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams internally (Engineering, Product, Servicing Operations, Finance Operations, Sales, etc) as well as externally for work related to customers’ business operations.
- Responsible for assessing, documenting and incorporating all facets of project to production level details and development.
Who you are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent years of working experience
- 2-4+ years of experience as a Project Manager
- 1-2+ years of Engineering or Technical Program Management experience is preferred
- Experience managing cross-functional projects with technical depth
- Experience working with multiple project management tools
- Highly motivated and eager to work in a fast-paced environment
- FinTech & Data Engineering experience is a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze data and gain meaningful insights
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated track record of successfully and efficiently launching products and features
Life at Uplift
- Health Insurance and 401k plan: some plans cover 99-100% premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance and a 401k plan
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible, remote-first work culture. Uplift fosters a culture where employees can achieve both their professional and personal goals. This balance is especially true for our working parents
- Shared Success: competitive salary and Pre-IPO stock options
- Health and Wellness Perks:Uplift is proud to reimburse our employees for exercise, wellness products and activities as well as free counseling and coaching for physical, mental and emotional support
- Professional Development:We are committed to the growth and development of all of our employees. Uplift invests in professional conferences, certifications, and training for employees who want to grow in their careers
- Pick-A-Perk: money that can go towards something of your choosing within tuition reimbursement, student loan payment reimbursement, vacation savings account, charitable donations, or home office expenses
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience BNPL as we are — and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Uplift is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.