Customer Service Specialist - Customer Service Specialist Intermediate 🔥
Job Class: Customer Service Specialist, Intermediate
Working Title: Customer Service Specialist
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 08/24/2022
- Closing Date: 08/30/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MNsure / MNsure - AFSCME
- Division/Unit: MNsure /Contact Center/Operations
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $18.55 - $24.60/hourly; $38,732 - $51,364/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 206 - Clerical/AFSCME
- Work Area: MNsure
- End Date: 01/2023
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: No
** This posting will be used to fill up to thirty (30) vacancies**
The initial training for this position is 3-4 weeks and will occur on-site at the MNsure Office in St Paul, MN. Safety protocols, including social distancing and masks, will be followed.
The incumbent will be working at the MNsure Office in St. Paul during the temporary assignment. Upon successful completion of the training, and at MNsure’s discretion, there is potential for the incumbent to work remotely. Remote workers must have adequate and reliable internet connection to conduct work. This includes a physical connection to the internet with connection speeds: of at least 25 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload. The remote work area needs to be suitable, safe and free from hazard, including the ability to adequately protect personally identifiable information, protected health information and Federal Tax Information (FTI).
This position will provide the initial contact for those calling the MNsure Contact Center. The position will assist consumers with the application and enrollment process and procedures. The Customer Service Specialist will assist consumers with signing into and navigating the online portal and tools, while concurrently accessing and updating data using multiple software applications, screens, windows and systems. The work is conducted in a high-volume, deadline orientated, and accuracy focused environment where quality and quantity production standards must be met. The incumbent must be able to research, analyze and discern the appropriate and relevant assistance level that may be required across a variety of public and private programs. This includes the ability to problem solve real-time or assess the caller’s need and transfer to the correct resource.
- Serve as the initial contact for people who call the MNsure Contact Center and assist by providing information about the application, eligibility and enrollment through the Minnesota Health Insurance Exchange.
- Provide general office support for teams within the contact center operations.
- Manage outgoing and incoming correspondences and ensure consumer records are accurately maintained.
- Support the execution of call-out campaigns and other special projects as needed.
- Complete special assignments as directed by the unit supervisor or lead worker.
- One (1) year of customer service experience.
- Experience must be within the last three (3) years.
- Experience must demonstrate:
- Ability to comprehend and accurately explain policies and procedures.
- Computer skills and ability to concurrently access, update and save data, and navigate multiple software applications, screens, windows and systems.
- Microsoft Office Suite: Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word etc.
- Basic math skills sufficient to add, subtract, multiply and divide to assist consumers with income data.
- Data entry skills.
- Ability to sufficiently read, speak and write in English to explain application, eligibility and enrollment policies and procedures.
- Ability to work within a high volume, deadline-orientated, and accuracy-focused environment where quality and quantity production standards must be met.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and in a team environment with a demonstrated record of regular attendance.
- Strong customer service skills and effective oral and written communication.
- One (1) year contact center experience.
- Health care / insurance contact center experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of HIPPA and Data Privacy.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that you clearly describe your experience in the areas listed above.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS – MNsure will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and a criminal background check prior to appointment.
EDUCATION VERIFICATION - Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their high school diploma at time of interview OR copies of their college transcript or college degree/diploma at time of interview. Copies of the college degree/diploma are acceptable ONLY if it clearly identifies the field in which it was earned.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Michelle Salter at: email@example.com.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, contact Emily Cleveland at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.