Social Media & Community Engagement Coordinator - North America 🔥
Nice to meet you.
Yoto puts kids in control of an inspiring world of audio. Our screen-free audio players let kids listen, learn and play at their own pace. All while making sure they're safe to explore what inspires them.
The award-winning Yoto Player launched in 2020, just before the big you-know-what. Now you can find it on play mats, kitchen counters and bedside tables all around the world. Yoto Mini, our portable player, launched in late 2021 and is already accompanying kids on some incredible adventures.
The Yoto Card Store has more than 700 titles from some of the world's best creators, publishers and labels. We also create Yoto Originals like this one (https://us.yotoplay.com/products/phonics-part-1). Oh, and this one (https://us.yotoplay.com/products/lets-move) too!
Yoto Marketing Team
Community has played a large part in Yoto's impressive growth to date. Our customers are highly engaged with our product and brand; they love to talk to us and about us. Community engagement goes beyond social channels at Yoto. . Most of our customers are parents and we aim to speak to them both on and offline (in the real world, if you will) parenting groups, schools, events and more. The more we speak to them, the more we can understand their needs, and the better we can make our products and services. The Social Media and Community Engagement Coordinator will play a key role in building and maintaining the relationship between Yoto and its customers across the US and Canada.
What you'll be doing
It's a really exciting time to join Yoto. We are moving fast, and there is a lot to achieve. This won't be an easy job, but it will be rewarding. Your job will be to drive engagement and revenue by growing and managing the North American Yoto community, wherever it is that we can speak to them. These places will include Facebook (and FB groups), Instagram and TikTok but also other parenting or related sites where we're being discussed. In the real world, you'll be looking to engage local parenting groups, third spaces and anywhere else we can speak to parents.
Day to day, your job will be a wonderful mix of structured...and not so structured:
- Social media lead for North America including day-to-day management of NA Instagram, Facebook and TikTok accounts
- Managing all allocated brand and content campaigns including some blog writing and copywriting
- Co-management of global Facebook, Linkedin, Facebook Group, Twitter, and Pinterest with global counterparts
- Defining the role of each of our social media platforms and how to best use them to drive results
- Influencer outreach and management (developing creative briefs and stand-alone content creation campaigns as well as deciding when to include influencers in larger campaigns)
- Working with the Head of Marketing, North America and global team to develop social-led campaigns
- Managing our affiliate marketing program in North America
- Replying to comments and DMs (with additional support from Customer Happiness team)
- Managing and responding to reviews across various platforms
- Quarterly reporting on KPIs as well as keeping the marketing and design teams up to date with current social media strategy and trends
- Searching out opportunities to work with local community groups
- Working with publishing, content, brand, and retail partners on co-marketing initiatives
- Occasional event development, coordination and attendance
- Exploring social partnerships with like minded brands and organizations
What you'll need
You'll need to have at least 2 years' experience in a similar role. You might come from agency or brand side - or both - and you may have some, or even all, of the following...the more the better:
- Experience working in a high growth start-up
- Have been responsible for management of multiple social channels for a brand
- Content ideation and development experience - design skills a plus!
- Maintaining a brand TOV
- Ability to take on large workloads while keeping your cool
- Knowledge of latest digital marketing technologies and trends
- An understanding of marketing children's products to parents
- A passion for audio content and technology
- Ability to think on your feet, and learn fast
What we offer in return
- Generous equity options - we're all invested in Yoto's success
- Hybrid working with a choice based approach (we would love you to come into the office once a week/month, and more)
- 30 PTO days per year (20 vacation days, 10 holidays)
- 2x volunteer days a year
- Additional benefits including health, dental, vision insurance
- Yoto player and starter pack of cards
- Office in downtown Brooklyn for NYC based employees
- A collaborative tech-focused creative environment
We're a Series A tech company with a well-funded and fast-growing international team with offices in London and New York, and in 2022 we are expanding further into Europe. We have in-house expertise in hardware and software, technology development, product, marketing, commercial and retail.
We operate a ‘choice-based' approach to where we work. This means the day-to-day decisions on where you work are up to you. You could call it hybrid working but we don't see the need to be that formal. We see it as more fluid and we trust our team to make choices that reflect the needs of their role, team and the wider organization. We are therefore ideally looking for someone NYC-based (or who can easily commute to NYC) who can manage a balance of home working and some time in the office with the rest of the team. That said, we are open to fully remote applications if the candidate is the right fit for the position and has had previous experience in a remote setting. We are also looking for someone who is willing to travel to other locations within the US and Canada as required, in order to fulfil the requirements of the role, working with our warehouses.
We're excited to build and develop a tight-knit and energetic team to help make Yoto the next great family brand!
Yoto spans the kids' audio, tech, entertainment and edtech industries, and our products have won awards in innovation, play and education categories. Time Magazine even named Yoto Player one of the Best Inventions of 2020.
Our Card Store includes 700+ titles from the world's best rights-holders including Disney, Penguin Random House, Mattel, Harper Collins and Sony Music. We also produce our own Yoto Originals, often with award-winning collaborators.
Flexible working and autonomy are key to life at Yoto. We support working parents because we know that life and work need to work together. And just as we share audio content from a diverse community of creators, we also strive to build an inclusive team. Our passionate D&I group raises new voices, beliefs, and perspectives to help everyone at Yoto feel heard. Check out our website for more info on our approach to D&I (https://uk.yotoplay.com/pages/diversity-and-inclusion).