SCOPE OF ROLE
As a Cloud Engineer you will work in a dynamic team and partner with teams across the company to ensure that our Cloud Infrastructure meets the needs of our growing customer base. The Cloud Infrastructure team is responsible for setting cloud architectural standards and ensuring the reliability, availability, and performance of the production cloud environments. As Cloud Engineer you will work hands-on in a Microsoft Azure Cloud Environment. This role is works in a fast-paced environment leveraging cutting-edge technology to reimagine how healthcare is provided.
- Apply technical knowledge and business insights to solve complex technical problems
- Set Azure architectural standards and best practices for our cloud environments
- Plan, configure, deploy, and optimize Microsoft Azure based solutions
- Work closely with our Data and Engineering teams to design best in class Azure implementations
- Work closely with our Security Team to ensure the environment is secure and adhering to our HIPAA and SOC2 commitments
- Design and implement automation for Azure infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code)
- Establish and maintain documentation for our Azure environment
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology (preferred), or relevant experience required.
- 10+ years of enterprise scale IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support, including networking, virtualization, servers, containers, storage, backup and DR.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with Azure Cloud infrastructure design, deployment, and migration.
- 5+ years of experience in designing DevOps pipelines, installations, configurations, automations, and monitoring of various cloud services including: (laaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Strong experience with designing, deploying, and supporting Azure IaaS services including networking, storage, compute, AKS, etc., Azure PaaS services including key vault, app services, function apps, logic apps, etc., Azure data services including data factory, Azure SQL DB, Cosmos DB, Databricks, etc.
- Strong experience with designing, configuring, and supporting Azure security and monitoring services including Microsoft Defender for Cloud, Azure Policy, Azure Monitor, Application Insight, Log Analytics, Azure Sentinel, etc.
- Strong experience with designing, configuring and supporting Azure identity management services including Azure AD, Azure AD DS, Conditional Access Policy, Privileged Identity Management, JIT access, etc.
- Experience with Azure cost management, monitoring, and reporting.
- Experience with administering and supporting CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions.
- Experience with IaC and configuration management tools such as ARM templates, Terraform, Ansible etc.
- Experience with scripting languages – PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc., experience in writing scripts to interact with APIs.
- Great Linux and windows server administration skills and knowledge.
- Azure Solution Architect Expert certification (AZ-303/304 or AZ-305) strongly desired.
- Experience in implementing full lifecycle DevOps automation including Configurations management, Build Automation, Release Management, Development automation and Infrastructure management.
- Solid experience with DevOps implementations, migrations, and upgrades within the Microsoft Cloud Azure solution suite.
- Deep understanding of Cloud Azure Kubernetes Service with container-based development skills, Experience with container management tools like Docker, ACS, Kubernetes, AKS, and GKE.
- Experience with DevOps CICD tools and concepts – Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Chef, Ansible, Azure DevOps and staged integrations etc.
- Understanding of micro-services, containerization, and other app modernization strategies
- Understanding of APIs, SDKs, and other integration methods
- Experience integrating Microsoft Dynamics 365 with various Azure services.
- Familiar with Network Infrastructure and Security. Knowledge of IP networking, private tunnel, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Experience with Azure SQL Services, SSRS, SSIS
- You should have communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including effectively communicating with technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience working in a high context switching work environment
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and analytical skills leading project.
- Ability to plan and take initiatives to accomplish objectives in a timely fashion.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet moving target deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, supervisors, and employees from other departments.
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Director, SEO, Senior, Marketing, Non Tech, Software, Cloud, Travel, Sales, SaaS, Engineer, DevOps, Microsoft, Medical and Linux jobs that are similar:
$70,000 — $110,000/year
Austin, Texas, United States