Technical Writer 🔥
Role: Learning, Design & Development Specialist (Technical Writer) “Remote”
Location: 100% Remote
Duration: 5 months + 6-month Extension
The Learning Design & Development Analyst is an author role. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of information. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams.
- Determines and develops appropriate training solutions for assigned projects, based on the outcome of analyzing business needs, performance goals, and audience.
- Participates in the program design process by assisting with needs assessments; task analysis; research of knowledge tasks; working with subject matter experts to validate content; and the creation of supporting design documents including storyboards and mock-ups.
- Contributes to development by constructing end-user classroom materials, facilitator guides, assessments, and writing supporting documentation
- Creates measurement strategy for client solutions to include the overall assessment approach.
- Designs and develops data collection tools and methods to measure the impact of training.
- Is responsible for all other duties assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding clients’, their clients, and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office with an emphasis on MS Excel.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Strong background in content management, technical writing, and/or structure writing.
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: Remote