Devops Engineer 🔥
Who We Are
Bold. Unapologetic. Hardworking. We are building something special. Put simply: We power and secure the next global financial system.
At Core Scientific, we host best-in-class enterprise level blockchain hardware in expansive, state-of-the-art data center facilities. Our proprietary software stack automates blockchain mining optimization, pushes machine images and firmware, and monitors all aspects of our operations, ensuring our customers receive the highest possible ROI on their hardware investment.
But what makes us different from others in our industry, apart from our unrivaled white-glove customer service? We invest heavily in growing our own digital asset holdings, and pioneering innovative financial products and services to maximize our own, and our customers' portfolios, through blockchain technology.
Come join us as we focus exclusively on the game changing, hypergrowth financial technologies that are already diversifying markets and democratizing access to stores of value. Pioneering an industry isn’t for the faint of heart. We require smart, creative, collaborative minds, who work hard and fast.
Intrigued? Then apply and be a part of something truly revolutionary at Core Scientific.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior Vice President of Platform Engineering
We are looking for a Sr. Dev Ops Engineer that has a demonstrated track record in architecting, developing, and executing high-value software engineering practices that support operations and infrastructure solutions in multi-cloud and hybrid offerings. Focused on ROI and efficiency, the Sr. Dev Ops Engineer will use code to automate oversight of large scale distributed systems delivering business and customer value.
- Ability to define, capture, and interpret product/system requirements
- Build, integrate, test, monitor and deploy code across multiple cloud platforms
- Manage, track, and document changes to code
- Deploy applications via automation
- Drive secure, immutable infrastructure through infrastructure as code, thoughtful security practices and common orchestration tools (Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- Build infrastructure to support internal and external systems
- Drive best practices across the Platform Engineering organization
- Be a resource and mentor within the company for junior/mid-level engineers
- Collaborative work style, especially in a highly virtual and cross-functional environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work independently while managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Enjoy building great infrastructure to support internal and external facing systems.
- 5+ years’ experience in DevOps and/or Infrastructure Engineering or equivalent experience as a Full Stack Software Developer, responsible for coding either/both application and infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud architecture and services in multiple public clouds (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or IBM Cloud)
- 5+ years of experience in automation of code deployment in both on premise environments and multiple cloud providers
- 5+ years’ experience with software configuration management systems
- 5+ years’ experience with virtualization and containerization architecture (Kubernetes)
- GPU experience a plus
- Experience with build and release management – GitHub, Apache, Make, Jenkins
- Strong understanding of modern engineering practices including Scrum and Kanban
- Basic networking knowledge: TCP/UDP, DHCP, DNS, routing and HTTP and systems architecture, including Unix, Linux (BSD, Arch, Ubuntu, Gentoo), OpenVMS, FlashCopy, HP/UX, Tru64
- Deep understanding of agile and lean principles with demonstrable success in leading enterprise-level IT process re-engineering and transformational projects using a client focused consultative approach
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Perl, Bash, Ansible, BASH, Terraform)
- Understanding of Active Directory, Windows group policies, and Linux integration with Active Directory
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills