Full Stack Developer 🔥
Kyte is a Series A technology platform that brings magic and seamless delivery into the experience of getting a car in cities. We are building the most compelling way to get a car by committing to relentless customer centricity, technology-powered operational excellence and capital efficiency. The sky's the limit when it comes to Kyte.
At Kyte, we love what we do and we believe our diverse team of ridiculously ambitious individuals is what makes our company great. We are headquartered in the sunny, San Francisco Marina district and we have a second home in Munich, Germany. Wherever office or remote location you are at, you will have more than significant ownership and impact on our company trajectory, and shape how people get around the cities they live in. We look forward to hearing from you!
Check us out in the news, here!
About the role:
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer, you will build reliable and scalable systems from day one that handle tons of data points, match our booking requests, dispatch vehicles, calculate ETAs and much more. Both in real-time as well as in batch. You will work closely together with the product and operations team to develop features, architect and design systems and ship products to our users, partners and internal stakeholders.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to Kyte's codebase as a Senior Frontend Engineer (Web and Mobile)
- Identify, discuss, document and communicate technical improvements within your area of responsibility
- Support, improve and reinforce Frontend/Engineering standards and guidelines
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Operations, Finance, and other teams as applicable
- Leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor)
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Coach and onboard team members
- Minimum 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience working with NodeJS applications
- Experience with Python (programming language)
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Good understanding of web performance and how browsers and DOM work
- Hustling-, hardworking- & shipping-products attitude: Go above and beyond to get things done!
- Ownership: You are a self-starter and are satisfied by owning large chunks of the product roadmap.
- Ambition: You are ridiculously ambitious and want to get the most out of your life.
- You have a solid understanding of data and cybersecurity as it applies to web code with demonstrated examples
- Experience building and maintaining a design system
- You’ve built awesome user applications using React Native
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience improving tracking and attribution
- Experience with experimentation design and platforms
How we work:
- Our Engineering teams work with weekly Scrum sprints
- Our Backend is written with Python using Flask and PostgreSQL
- Our Frontend is written with Typescript using React and React Native
- We have the mindset "you built it, you run it"
- We ship code to production (AWS) several times per day using Gitlab CI/CD
- The opportunity to be a part of the exciting early stages of a well-funded, Silicon Valley based startup that has massive growth and venture potential
- Very generous compensation package
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance (100% Covered)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- $200 Commuter Benefit
- $50 Gym Membership
- Employee Development Budget
- Annual Company Offsite
- Calm App Yearly Subscription
- Generous discounts to use on our product
Learn more about our team, here!